Football Related Random Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 2

Rich is the one that worries me, but I'm glad CC wasn't picked.

Tommy Cutler is the one that I think should've been picked; provided he nominated for it, but glad he didn't nonetheless.

Definitely glad Charlie isn't in it. I think Cutler's skill-set suits the AFLX format but he should be focused about locking down his spot throughout the JLT. Has a bit of a habit of starting seasons kinda slowly.

You’d assume Cameron wasn’t available for selection

A few clubs got lucky with only having one (Gold Coast) or two (Carl, Melb, NM) players participating.

Given the concept of it not being club based, I dare say there'll be an unwritten rule amongst the players to play bruise free footy although it won't stop ACL type injuries from occurring when changing direction or soft tissue injuries, which I guess could happen at any training / intra club etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

https://themongrelpunt.com/afl/2019/01/07/salarycap

Some very interesting reading and something to consider next time some fool supporter from a Vic starts talking about Brisbane "buying" our flags through our old retention allowance.

Can’t remember if it was 2002 or 2003, but in one of the years we beat Collingwood in the grand final, our total player payments were less than Collingwood’s. Didn’t stop Eddie going on a crusade to delegitimise our win.

https://themongrelpunt.com/afl/2019/01/07/salarycap

Some very interesting reading and something to consider next time some fool supporter from a Vic starts talking about Brisbane "buying" our flags through our old retention allowance.

So Essendon have cheated before but were one of quite a few at the time.

What are the chances that they were the only team using banned supplements? For me, well I think that like the salary cap situation, all teams were pushing boundaries. There must have been players at teams who overstepped where the clubs must have been aware and let it run. Given the individual punishments (not the high draft picks) I think the sport is now as clean as it is ever going to be. Fringe players might well take the risk but surely all genuine AFL level players wouldn't risk it, and club oversight changes means no more club endorsed programs.

And on $$. Really struggle to believe that Colingwood players happily gave up salary to get beams without there being some kind of recompense. I can't see me ever saying you left buddy, here come back and I'll give you a chunk of my wage just cause I like you and the company might possibly perform a bit better - if everything goes right in a high risk (injury) environment. I know they earn heaps at the top but they earn for such a short period in their lives. Maybe under the table promises of ambassador roles after retiring equal to the amount they gave up??

Wonder what the next era of cheating will be.

Hey guys just made a litttle highlights vid of Aker, who is my fav non freo player ever, have a look

Thanks. His agility and speed was incredible and he owned the forward pocket. his ability to read the play and get to exactly the spot his teammates needed him to be really stood out in your video. And it helped that his teammates were selfless and would pass it off when some could have tried/taken a shot themselves.

Hopefully one day I'll be able to watch a Charlie Cameron (in lions kit) highlights reel as good as that one.

The goals are what makes the highlight reels but Aker was so much more than a goal sneak. Some of his passing by foot was sublime, his ability to find a little space in congestion and his burst of speed to break away from the opposition are some of the things I will always value with Aker.

The goals are what makes the highlight reels but Aker was so much more than a goal sneak. Some of his passing by foot was sublime, his ability to find a little space in congestion and his burst of speed to break away from the opposition are some of the things I will always value with Aker.

He copped a bit in his last year with us about being an outside player. I felt that unfair and that his penultimate season with us he played a very good inside role as well. He’s hard at when asked to be.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back