Other Teams
Bruins, Dodgers, Bulls, SEM Phoenix
For everyone's viewing pleasure, here is Eddie from today #GetOnRed

eddie.JPG

Jan 11, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I still can't fathom how Hird and giving him a second chance is getting so much such air time in the media the last day or so, I guess its a slow news week. To my mind (& happy to be corrected) he is still in denial and accepts no responsibility for what transpired at Essendon. So how could he possibly be given the opportunity to coach a club again.

The AFL relays is a boys club for the greats from the big VIC clubs isn't it.

Jan 11, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Curnow is going to be a gun, there's absolutely no doubt about that. Where he'll shine is up the field stuff.

Hipwood will be the better Forward of the two though. He already is.
Yep, I'm very bullish on Charlie Curnow as well, will be a fantastic player.

Hippy- Our Lance Franklin. Curnow- The Blues Wayne Carey.

It is a lazy comparison but I think Curnow could be a Kouta type. A more than adequate KPP (and possibly could be better than that). but a superstar through the midfield. I don’t think that Hippy and Curnow will be compared long term as they will be different types of players playing very different roles. If Curnow does end up as an elite midfielder who can be a dangerous forward, then he probably is a more valuable footballer long term, unless Hippy becomes a 70 goal player.

I think the better point of comparison for Hipwood is Harry McKay. Both full time tall forwards and about 3 months apart in age. Obviously, Eric comes out on top in that comparison at the moment.

Our best Curnow comparison will probably end up being Cam Rayner. It will be interesting to track Rayner’s development, to see if he’s able to impact games like Curnow has been able to. Obviously the age difference (2.5 years apart) makes comparisons a little more difficult.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Entertaining game so far.

The centre bounce starting positions rule has definitely opened up the centre bounce.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Dow and SPS playing well.

Carlton's midfield should be a lot more competitive this year.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...-multicultural-academies-20190228-p510zv.html

AFL reviewing northern and multicultural academies

The AFL is reviewing the contentious northern states academies and multicultural and Indigenous academies, seeking club input into how the academies should operate, including the rules for player eligibility and bidding at the draft.
It would be incredibly on-brand for the rorting of the southern academies, brought in as a sop to whinging Vics, to take the northern academies down with them.

I accidentally tapped the lightning bolt icon next to alerts (since it no longer registers that I have read them automatically) and discovered there was a newest post button

Scanning the most recent I saw ... "
#BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right" which I read as #BringBackTheBears and was wondering why I hadn't heard anybody mentioning such a movement anywhere on here.

Then I read it properly ...

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Masten has just played the worst couple of minutes you'll ever see

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Wouldn't mind going after Francis Watson. Wonder if he knows Cox or Cameron

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
OK I'm not very good with technology. My wife has bought me the AFL Live app as we do not have Foxtel. I can watch the JLT series on my phone and my wife iPad. But for the life of me, I can't work out how to watch it on my MacBook or my wife's Sony Vaio lap top. Is there a way to get the app on a lap top, or watch it through the AFL website?

I have found where I can watch replays on the AFL website.

BangyBangy

BangyBangyMightyLoins
Oct 16, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
OK I'm not very good with technology. My wife has bought me the AFL Live app as we do not have Foxtel. I can watch the JLT series on my phone and my wife iPad. But for the life of me, I can't work out how to watch it on my MacBook or my wife's Sony Vaio lap top. Is there a way to get the app on a lap top, or watch it through the AFL website?

Admittedly I didn't try too hard to make it work, but couldn't ever figure out a way to make it work on anything other than mobile devices. Had a trial of Kayo over the summer but as I was using my 4G phone as a hotspot I had buffering issues that made it unwatchable. $58 per month for Foxtel is probably the way I'm going to go this season.

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
If I’m not mistaken, the app only works on mobiles and iPads, not laptops. I’m no tech person but I believe the tech distinguishes what you’re watching it on, hence why it doesn’t work on your laptops.

Mar 13, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Bruins, Dodgers, Bulls, SEM Phoenix

If memory serves the AFL streaming license is limited to devices 7 or 8 inches or smaller to prevent it being a direct competitor with Foxtel, hence you can only view it on a mobile device.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back