Football Related Random Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 2

Because he's not good tbh

Yeah, it's not like he was blown away by the penetrating intellectual power of Mark Robinson's questioning.

Hey all, I just received a lions guernsey from eBay and also ordered a number "7" to put on the back that will arrive soon. Anybody know where I can get the number sewn/ironed/stitched/put onto the back?
Garment alterations place,put pins around the area you want it placed

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Listening to a random playlist this morning and on comes INXS with Never Tear Us Apart, used to like this song but now all I can think of his Koch and Port Adelaide bogan supporters waving their scarfs when it's playing.

Thanks a lot :rolleyes: for ruining that song for me you Port nuffies.

snooplions

Club Legend
Dec 2, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Found it interesting that the Roos are coming off a trip to the WA and back before we play them yet we get an eight day break and they only get seven. Hopefully boosts our chances against them at Marvel Stadium.

Sausages

HIGH PRIEST IN THE TEMPLE OF GG/SNSD
Feb 27, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Luton Town
Still love it and get chills when seeing the port crowd sing en masse..

Yes....it's yearly scientific proof of the theory about 100 monkeys, 100 typewriters and 100 years :D

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers

25 years on

Senior List
Oct 27, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Last edited:

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Might be worth putting that link on the Sponsor (cough cough Neds cough) watch thread.

If this is purely a coincidence then it's an unfortunate one.

Presumably the club spoke to Christensen about the issue before sending him onto the footy field each week with a betting agency's logo across his chest.

Maybe Bundy is behind the timing; getting in front of it before there's any whispering jokes about our sponsor and his past.

I guess we'll hear the podcast soon and learn a bit more about why he's coming out with it now. But it's got to be a good thing that he's comfortable talking about it.

Last edited:

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
Date locked in for AFL mid-season draft
The first mid-season draft in more than a quarter of a century will be held on the Monday night after round 10.

The Age understands that the AFL wrote to clubs earlier this week to inform them that the reinstituted mid-season rookie draft will take place on Monday, May 27 at approximately 6.30pm, a week earlier than had previously been flagged.

To be eligible for the draft a player must either have nominated for the most recent national draft, or have previously been on the list of a club. However a player delisted last year cannot be picked up by the same club in this year’s mid-season draft, while a player who retired last year, such as Hawthorn great Cyril Rioli, is not eligible for the mid-season draft.

Clubs will have the ability to re-sign players taken in the mid-season draft at the end of the year, like they can with a standard rookie list player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back