Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
David King gave us a massive wrap on SEN this morning-

The Lions have a game changer on their hands in Oscar McInerney.
The Lions are the best center bounce team in the league, Neale is a star.
The Lions are not coming...they are here.
The Lions are awesome to watch, they play like winners, they have trust in each other.
The Lions can score in many different ways.
We undersell Mitch Robinson, he is so brave.
Daniel Rich is having a fantastic year.
Eric Hipwood, is he the missing piece of the puzzle.

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox

The Lions are awesome to watch, they play like winners, they have trust in each other.
I heard that too, although on the bolded, not sure what the stats say, but I thought Port owned us at the centre bounces.

CarterS

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions

Like Kingy but he is very flavour of the month. Not to look a gift horse in the mouth though. Great calls on Rich and Robinson.

Can you slip down to the chemist, then feed the kid & do the ironing? :thumbsu:

Ironing?? Do people still do that? We threw out all our clothes that need ironing about 10 years ago. Man made, non breathing no iron clothes are great.

May 30, 2013
BNE, AUS
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, Cubs, Bulls
David King was a douche when we were losing and

King was a douchebag when we were losing. Winning doesn’t change anything.

Nov 4, 2007
G Town aka Sleepy Hollow
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
How did they go?
Youngest in his senior game was given postitive feedback, even had a spectator after the match come up and tell him he thought he did a good job. Hopes to have another game this weekend and will find out tomorrow night.
The eldest umpired two U19 games (4x20 min quarters) went really well, if he's not appointed to a senior game this week, it will only be a matter of time before he is.
Oh and all the new rules apply but not the 6,6,6 and runners are allowed at any time.

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
Can someone please enlighten me why there is a Game of Thrones round in the AFL and other sports throughout the country?:huh:

As someone that has never watched the show, nor cares one iota about it and knows a lot of people that feel the same way; we're confused why some random TV show has its tentacles in Australian sport.

Can someone please enlighten me why there is a Game of Thrones round in the AFL and other sports throughout the country?:huh:

As someone that has never watched the show, nor cares one iota about it and knows a lot of people that feel the same way; we're confused why some random TV show has its tentacles in Australian sport.
Coz it's showing on some Fox package this year and Fox is spending money to promote that package. And Gil likes getting money.

Same reason the Pokemon Thor Bulldogs play games at Marvel Stadium during Superhero Round. Here's an article about the Disneyification in particular.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I heard that too, although on the bolded, not sure what the stats say, but I thought Port owned us at the centre bounces.

Despite winning less centre clearances we scored more from centre clearances than they did.

It better be the last weekend in May so they can overuse "Winter is Coming".

CarterS

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions

Think its a Fox thing not an AFL thing but could be wrong.

You can find some random stuff when they forget to turn the WatchAFL channels off :drunk:
2019-04-14_10-46-01.jpg

Lazza16

The Lions Women...roaring into 2023
Jul 7, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Nearly chocked on my German Beer reading the number 1 draft player has signed on at Carlton til 2022.........omggggg not the best week so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back