Football Related Random Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 2

Bit weird they're promoting the next two rounds as "18 games in 11 days" given that if they just played games Fri-Sun they'd have "18 games in 9 days" every single week.

The interesting bit is surely that of the next 11 days, 10 of them will see footy matches.

Damn - the AFL tipsters don't think too much of this round's match ups!!

Brisbane 4-13 Collingwood
North Melbourne 1-16 Essendon
West Coast
17-0 Port Adelaide
GWS 17-0 Fremantle
Melbourne 17-0 St Kilda
Richmond 17-0 Sydney
Western Bulldogs 17-0 Carlton
Adelaide 16-1 Gold Coast
Hawthorn 0-17 Geelong

Have they learnt nothing from this season so far?

West Coast
17-0 Port Adelaide
GWS 17-0 Fremantle
Melbourne 17-0 St Kilda
Richmond 17-0 Sydney
Adelaide 16-1 Gold Coast
Hawthorn 0-17 Geelong

IMO North are a good chance to roll the Bombers who could suffer a letdown after playing their Grand Final last week. Also think the Saints could beat the Demons.

West Coast
17-0 Port Adelaide
GWS 17-0 Fremantle
Melbourne 17-0 St Kilda
Richmond 17-0 Sydney
Adelaide 16-1 Gold Coast
Hawthorn 0-17 Geelong

It seems it is only our game where they give us some chance. Divided them a little!

West Coast
17-0 Port Adelaide
GWS 17-0 Fremantle
Melbourne 17-0 St Kilda
Richmond 17-0 Sydney
Adelaide 16-1 Gold Coast
Hawthorn 0-17 Geelong

Who would have thought that Barrett would tip the Lions

Who would have thought that Barrett would tip the Lions

Did he? Is he one of the 4? I didn't look at the individual tipsters, just the bottom of the page :)

That's hilarious - he must need to be picking a few "upsets" to get back in the comp then :p

I tweeted a response back to him before - in his article on Mitch Robbo, I said he left out the words "ABSOLUTE ******* LEGEND" in his opening bio of him :)

West Coast
17-0 Port Adelaide
GWS 17-0 Fremantle
Melbourne 17-0 St Kilda
Richmond 17-0 Sydney
Adelaide 16-1 Gold Coast
Hawthorn 0-17 Geelong

So that would make our game the closest matchup/the most interesting to watch then!

Tales from the Gabba-

Doing my usual drive past the Gabba today and wasn't too far off collecting Jack Payne, he is one hell of a unit, I think he would have damaged the car more than I would have damaged him ah la Jono Brown. I had a look at his profile, says he's 197cm, 101kg, looks every bit of it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tales from the Gabba-

Doing my usual drive past the Gabba today and wasn't too far off collecting Jack Payne, he is one hell of a unit, I think he would have damaged the car more than I would have damaged him ah la Jono Brown. I had a look at his profile, says he's 197cm, 101kg, looks every bit of it

I used to work across the road from the Gabba and used to wince at the guys jaywalking across Vulture St. Not just players, but coaches as well. Funnily enough the admin staff almost always used the lighted crossings

If.. we're determined to get Hodgey's word "knob" into the Lions' Sliding Door offering this week ...

Then.. this is our best crack at it: there are no knobs on Sliding Doors.

Wrong Purple Knob, there is and you're it.

That is actually moderately clever. Probably the smartest thing Barrett has ever written in his confusingly long career in the media.

He probably should stop talking about 'Hodgey' as if he were a mate though. Not much love lost I suspect.

If.. we're determined to get Hodgey's word "knob" into the Lions' Sliding Door offering this week ...

Then.. this is our best crack at it: there are no knobs on Sliding Doors.

Wrong Purple Knob, there is and you're it.

Really??? He uses a football column to make a statement value about himself?

A great journalist is invisible - just acts a conduit. Commentators comment on their topic of expertise. There is no role for a journalist/commentator who sees himself as being more interesting and newsworthy than the sport, it’s players and officials.

Get lost you tosser.

Really??? He uses a football column to make a statement value about himself?

A great journalist is invisible - just acts a conduit. Commentators comment on their topic of expertise. There is no role for a journalist/commentator who sees himself as being more interesting and newsworthy than the sport, it’s players and officials.

Get lost you knob.

fify

I am unsure if I should be concerned but I agreed with something Barrett said …

Not the sliding doors one for us specifically (not that it is a dig this time)

If you're going at better-than-goal-a-game pace for your first 28 matches in a stretch where your team has won nine of those 28 …
then don't worry about the doubters, Cam Rayner. You're tracking to be the star the Lions knew you'd be.

but the AFL one ...

If those five contentious free kicks on Anzac Day had all been adjudicated the other way on the day …
then the umps, incredibly, would've also been able to say all five were right. The grey within a game of footy is its biggest problem.

Do I need professional help or should I take that as a one off incident and get on with my life assuming some degree of sanity?

If you're going at better-than-goal-a-game pace for your first 28 matches in a stretch where your team has won nine of those 28 …
then don't worry about the doubters, Cam Rayner. You're tracking to be the star the Lions knew you'd be.

but the AFL one ...

If those five contentious free kicks on Anzac Day had all been adjudicated the other way on the day …
then the umps, incredibly, would've also been able to say all five were right. The grey within a game of footy is its biggest problem.

Do I need professional help or should I take that as a one off incident and get on with my life assuming some degree of sanity?
Be comfortable in the knowledge it is simply an aberration resulting from Hodgy's ear boxing. Normal transmissions will return shortly.

but the AFL one ...

No more than if he said 2+2=4 and you found yourself agreeing with that.

We have five wins and we have beaten a team from each state this year! West Coast, North Melbourne, Port Adelaide, Gold Coast and Sydney!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back