Football Related Random Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 2

Does anybody know if the free to air we get for the Lions' games in Brisbane setup works in places like Bundaberg and Gympie or is it just just the SE Corner?
Link to broadcast guide. I chose Regional Qld. but you can change it to other parts of Qld. Looks good live on mate.

I played a season of AFL 9s and kicked 1.2 if that counts.
I played six seasons, up to u12s, with Mt Gravatt, with a slight bias towards small forward (slight, as they moved us around a lot at these ages). My career scoreboard impact of 0.2 speaks for itself.

I played six seasons, up to u12s, with Mt Gravatt, with a slight bias towards small forward (slight, as they moved us around a lot at these ages). My career scoreboard impact of 0.2 speaks for itself.
3 seasons with the Springwood Pumas, from U13s to U15s. A slightly built young man, I got the best out of my body as i could as a wing and forward pocket before valiantly giving the game up to get a job at a supermarket. Songs have been written about me.

Update to the above.They have lost in double overtime.Great game played in good spirits.Lets hope our Lions get the chocolates aswell.

Sounds like it was an epic game mate. Hopefully your little fella can go one better next year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Played under age footy at both Mt Gravatt and Coorparoo - in an epoch long long ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was reported in the Melbourne Herald Sun (John Anderson Shout Column) on 30.6.19 that a treasure trove of very old Fitzroy memorabilia, dating back 120 years,had very recently been found. It was nearly thrown out because those who inherited it, didn't realise its real worth (over $80,000)!

The link below is behind a paywall- can anyone open it, & post it here?

Last edited:
Anybody have any insight into our likely routine this week? Would there be a review of the game tomorrow as usual and/or a Mad Monday? Would there be exit meetings scheduled this week?

From the Herald Suns's podcast "In Black and White" podcast. This about Collingwood ruckman and policeman Bill Proudfoot. One story was he was knocked out trying to protect an umpire in an 1896 game between Collingwood and North Melbourne (the year before the VFL started for those who didn't know). The North supporters charged the ground and want to kill the umpire! No wonder they put St Kilda in place of North and/or Port Melbourne.

Have just seen an article on the DailyMail about Zorko's ex and how there is only hate now etc......has photo's of Dayne and her together in happier times.

There was one comment under the story, it was from an American who said "she's crazy" it got quite a few likes.

.......it was a nothing story, just trying to keep her name in the public eye and somehow still heap scorn on Zorks..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back