Football Related Random Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 2

Anyone know what Harris Andrews is doing professional development wise away from footy? Just thought I saw him in my building on Eagle Street dressed for officework. Figured if he had an appointment with his broker he might be dressed more casually.

Did anyone get along to the lions block party at the gabba over the weekend? Just watched the video on the app,ooks like a good day for those with young kids. Great to see the mix of players that came along too, hopefully they keep rolling out family friendly events like this to brainwash some kids... Uh.... Gain the love and support of the next generation

Found this article really interesting, being the kind of person who thinks increasing the amount of exercise I get means moving the fridge further away from the sofa :tonguewink:

Last edited:
Darcy Gardiner and Lewis Taylor are part owners in a horse that has earned itself a berth in Harness racings biggest race, The Hunter Cup, Melton Raceway..Feb 1st (excluding the InterDominion)

Horses name is: CODE BAILEY

Good luck to them both.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mock teams: Who makes the cut for Vics v All Stars?
Victoria
B:
Tom Stewart (Geelong), Daniel Talia (Adelaide), Adam Saad (Essendon)
HB: James Sicily (Hawthorn), Michael Hurley (Essendon), Sam Docherty (Carlton)
C: Jack Macrae (WB), Dustin Martin (Richmond), Zach Merrett (Essendon)
HF: Shaun Higgins (North Melbourne), Tom Lynch (Richmond), Robbie Gray (Port Adelaide)
F: Toby Greene (GWS), Jeremy Cameron (GWS), Jordan De Goey (Collingwood)
R: Max Gawn (Melbourne), Patrick Dangerfield (Geelong), Marcus Bontempelli (WB)
Int: Scott Pendlebury (Collingwood), Clayton Oliver (Melbourne), Ben Cunnington (North Melbourne), Sam Walsh (Carlton), Gary Ablett (Geelong), Rowan Marshall (St Kilda)

All Stars (NSW, Queensland, Tasmania, NT, South Australia and Western Australia)
B:
Rory Laird (Adelaide), Steven May (Melbourne), Dane Rampe (Sydney)
HB: Brodie Smith (Adelaide), Harris Andrews (Brisbane), Shannon Hurn (West Coast)
C: Bradley Hill (St Kilda), Patrick Cripps (Carlton), Tim Kelly (West Coast)
HF: Charlie Cameron (Brisbane), Jack Riewoldt (Richmond), Isaac Heeney (Sydney)
F: Michael Walters (Fremantle), Ben Brown (North Melbourne), Aaron Naughton (Western Bulldogs)
R: Brodie Grundy (Collingwood), Nat Fyfe (Fremantle), Lachie Neale (Brisbane)
Int: Tom Mitchell (Hawthorn), Stephen Coniglio (GWS), Elliot Yeo (West Coast), Alex Sexton (Gold Coast), Connor Rozee (Port Adelaide), Jarrod Witts (Gold Coast)

I appreciate these sorts of things are all subjective, but how on earth could anyone put Sam Docherty as a starting HBF and essentially be thought of as one of the best 4 half back flankers in the league? Am I missing something or has Docherty done anything in his career that warrants the revere he regularly gets because he was somehow appointed joint captain of a big Vic club. Staggering that his profile has only increased despite not having played in 2 years. No way in hell that Docherty is in the best 24 Victorian players in the league. On top of that, Sam Walsh gets named, yet J Berry and McCluggage aren't named. Clearly a Carlton bias.

As for the All Stars, no room for Dayne Zorko, yet Sexton and Rozee are named. :rolleyes: Give me a break. Whilst a tough team to break into, Robinson and Rich could make solid arguments for being named in the All Stars.

Mock teams: Who makes the cut for Vics v All Stars?

I appreciate these sorts of things are all subjective, but how on earth could anyone put Sam Docherty as a starting HBF and essentially be thought of as one of the best 4 half back flankers in the league? Am I missing something or has Docherty done anything in his career that warrants the revere he regularly gets because he was somehow appointed joint captain of a big Vic club. Staggering that his profile has only increased despite not having played in 2 years. No way in hell that Docherty is in the best 24 Victorian players in the league. On top of that, Sam Walsh gets named, yet J Berry and McCluggage aren't named. Clearly a Carlton bias.

As for the All Stars, no room for Dayne Zorko, yet Sexton and Rozee are named. :rolleyes: Give me a break. Whilst a tough team to break into, Robinson and Rich could make solid arguments for being named in the All Stars.

Think zorks missed out because they decided on an arbitrary limit of three players per team.

The afl.com lists are pretty rubbish. The fox sport ones are actually pretty good though, despite using a full 4 teams. Could make a few changes to the allies like dropping sexton and breust for hipwood and breust but they're pretty good lists

If we were picking a true Allies team, I believe the only Lions who would be certainties would be Harris and Charlie.

Zorko maybe. There’s just too many more damaging mids than Neale.

B.Hill. Fyfe. Zorko
Grundy. Cripps. T.Kelly

Bench mids: Coniglio and T.Mitchell

State of origin, Vic vs All stars on Friday 28th Feb. Maximum 3 players per AFL team allowed to participate due to it being only 20 days out from Round 1.

Anyone seen Mitch's new haircut? Just when I thought he couldn't get me further on side he went and brought back that classic Acker style.

Capture+_2020-01-10-14-26-51.png

I'm guessing he did it to help raise funds for the bushfire victims?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back