Football Related Random Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 2

Oct 13, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
We are currently conceding around 57 points per game to the opposition (515 in 9 games) Amazing to think we used to concede over double that under Leppa. At this point of the that would equate to over 1,000 points already!

For context the crows are virtually non-competitive at the moment with a percentage of 56.7% and they have conceded ‘only’ 729 points!

4th best for points allowed once you disgard the Dees, who ended conceded 11 points less than us in one less game. Obvious this is a lower scoring year but such a big step forward.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
D8E69A27-5ED4-4DB5-BB5C-EFA37F2DE9EF.jpeg
7BD00310-31CE-41BF-A523-84BF99B086AD.jpeg

Oct 29, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Blazers/Heat, ORST beavers
What’s that when converted to real game time?
From my (possibly unreliable) maths this would equate to roughly 68.9 points per game for ‘normal’ game time for a total of 629 points against.

The crows total points against would be roughly 875 points for an average of 97.2 points per game.

Courier mail reporting Ben ikin is pole position for whatever job the broncos/league/irrelevant code were chasing Swann for as Swann is about to ink a new two year contract with the best team in the best code.

Not even worthy of a post is it? Like there was even a chance he'd go.

The umpiring is raising lots if eyebrows but those guys would also be struggling with fatigue. And one of the first thing that gets dodgy when you are fatigued is decision making.

I’m going to try to remember that next time I disagree with a decision. Pretty sure it won’t help, but it’s the intention right? 😜

Creepy

Draftee
Aug 23, 2009
Santa Clara, CA, USA
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
MLB - Mariners, NHL - SJ Sharks
Gil in his regular Friday spot on 3AW hinted at rds 14-16 being compressed pending approval. This would account for the remaining byes and the missing Bombers/Demons game.

So he dislikes the look, the smell and the noise of the homeless, but he's a big fan of the look, the smell and the noise of cars? The lack of cars in your CBD is the bit I most wish Sydney would copy (finally starting now with the George Street tram and associated closures).

I'm not going to make any apologies for this.

I'm sick of being told by people that Basil Zempilas is not that bad. Actually, it's worse.

He needs to be removed from TV. Forcibly, if that's what it takes.

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
Having lived in Perth for many years he was omnipresent everywhere some 12 + years ago and now he has a national presence, you could aliken him to a virus that there is no vaccine.

Like I say about many journalists, commentators or footy pundits (no, they're NOT real journalists), who is employing these morons? I'm at a loss, but what market research supports / endorses that we want these people on our screens / airwaves or do these TV / Radio platforms just assume that the vast majority of Australians are simpletons wanting such people in the spotlight.

Dec 21, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Hey guys,
Sorry to intrude...
Not sure where to put this, but this seems like the right place. I teach grade 6 at a Melbourne school - remote learning at the moment and the kids are a bit flat. I've been getting some specul guests to Zoom in for our morning meetings to try and get the kids up and about (Have had Howie from a sports perspective before today and he was sensational) but have really struggled to get any sportsmen/woman, which is pretty understandable at the moment.

Anyway, with some help I managed to get in contact with your media manager who got me in touch with Dev Robertson. He agreed to jump into one of our meetings and joined with the kids to take some questions and lift their spirits a little. You've got a ripper on your hands here, he stayed for over half an hour and was enthusiastic and encouraging throughout.

Wouldn't have got anything out of it, and not your standard required school trip, given the circumstances and the fact we are from Melbourne, but gave the time and spoke really well anyway. I happen to have 2 Lions fans in the class who made sure to tell him I'm a Dogs man... worst week for me to manage to get him on!

Just thought I'd pass that on, because every time a player stuffs up you hear about it, so you should know when they do something great too.

Cheers.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Hey guys,
Sorry to intrude...
Not sure where to put this, but this seems like the right place. I teach grade 6 at a Melbourne school - remote learning at the moment and the kids are a bit flat. I've been getting some specul guests to Zoom in for our morning meetings to try and get the kids up and about (Have had Howie from a sports perspective before today and he was sensational) but have really struggled to get any sportsmen/woman, which is pretty understandable at the moment.

Anyway, with some help I managed to get in contact with your media manager who got me in touch with Dev Robertson. He agreed to jump into one of our meetings and joined with the kids to take some questions and lift their spirits a little. You've got a ripper on your hands here, he stayed for over half an hour and was enthusiastic and encouraging throughout.

Wouldn't have got anything out of it, and not your standard required school trip, given the circumstances and the fact we are from Melbourne, but gave the time and spoke really well anyway. I happen to have 2 Lions fans in the class who made sure to tell him I'm a Dogs man... worst week for me to manage to get him on!

Just thought I'd pass that on, because every time a player stuffs up you hear about it, so you should know when they do something great too.

Cheers.
Great to hear about Dev, a real leader of the future for our club.

I feel so much for kids in this situation, I have 3 school aged grand children and the psychological affect of lockdowns and restrictions on them brings me to tears, so sad, must be hard for the children in Melbourne having to go through it a 2nd time. All the best and keep up the great work.

BangyBangy

BangyBangyMightyLoins
Oct 16, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Ok, just me or is anyone else based in Melbs having issues with their NBN today? I'm with Belong (Essentially just another brand of Telstra) and am based in Mentone. Has been 14.4 dial up speeds all day (If memory serves). Shame, would love to have watched the game tonight, but no chance any streaming would be possible with this shamozzle of a service I'm getting today. I'm grateful of being able to get on any website atm (albeit I have to wait for even the most simple ones to load, like this one).

Aug 31, 2011
Bris
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
McInerney is playing his 50th game this weekend.

I would suggest he could be the first lions player to be drafted by us and play his first 50 games with a win percentage of greater than 50% in 15+ years... it's been a long hard slog for Lions fans...

My guess would be maybe Jamie Charman or Jarred Brennan would be the last players to do so??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back