briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Entitled how? Not wanting to follow the rest of you lot in your pathetic attempt at feigning outrage about something that doesn't change a thing and the fact that many indigenous people don't either, but yep, you'll be angry on their behalf despite not giving a sh*t about this issue up until three days ago.

What's your next bandwagon you're getting ready to jump on; whatever the ABC or SBS or any other do gooder on FB tells you to get upset about? :rolleyes:
I don’t believe anyone here is “outraged”.

Rather people are demonstrating understanding, empathy and compassion with our First Nations people on this issue.

I’m certainly not outraged. Personally it’s been another learning experience for me, and I hope it becomes a learning experience for the nation.

However with Morrison and the libs in power, I don’t see any change happening.

When Morrison won’t discuss a topic, tries to deflect or “postpone” a conversation, it’s because he doesn’t agree with the topic, and he’s mindful of members of his party holding strong opposing views to the public narrative.

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
I can't confirm this has happened, but it is possible that people you know don't always tell you what's inside their heart. If they hear you say things like changing the date won't fix it in a general, non confrontational conversation it's possible they don't bother exposing their genuine feelings.
The funny thing is that we've had BBQ's on Australia Day, not necessarily to celebrate "Australia Day" because I've not once in my life celebrated the day or ever put up an Australian flag and certainly not ever draped the flag around my neck like a cape, and those same fella's have not once debated the merits of the day or led an outcry about the day itself and these are people that are learned educated people with the exception of my cousin who was lost to the bottle and drugs in his teens only to re-connect with his other side of the family and embrace his heritage (and is on the public record on Austlii) and even then has never, ever voiced concerns about the date.

I really don't care how people want to portray me or say I'm ignorant, but until these people care, I won't either just because a bunch of other people tell me I should care.

The funny thing is that we've had BBQ's on Australia Day, not necessarily to celebrate "Australia Day" because I've not once in my life celebrated the day or ever put up an Australian flag and certainly not ever draped the flag around my neck like a cape, and those same fella's have not once debated the merits of the day or led an outcry about the day itself and these are people that are learned educated people with the exception of my cousin who was lost to the bottle and drugs in his teens only to re-connect with his other side of the family and embrace his heritage (and is on the public record on Austlii) and even then has never, ever voiced concerns about the date.

I really don't care how people want to portray me or say I'm ignorant, but until these people care, I won't either just because a bunch of other people tell me I should care.

Damn, I'm getting sucks into a conversation!

Your family might not care but do you recognise that there are many many Aboriginal people who do? And is there opinion less relevant to a national conversation than your family just because you don't know them?

There are many things that I see or hear about that evoke strong feelings for me even though I don't know the individuals involved. I can see their distress and makes me want to do something to ease their pain.

It's the basis of all acts of charity - I don't know someone whose house burnt down last year but it made me sad and I donated money to help them. Changing a date to help ease the clear distress of the original inhabitants of this country is such a simple thing, yet it can help the many who are very passionately distressed about it.

Just want to send all of my best wishes to Archie Smith and his family.
Archie’s younger brother Passed away recently.

Oct 29, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Blazers/Heat, ORST beavers
As per "Useless AFL stats" on Facebook (great page) we have the lowest amount of listed players born on a weekend in the comp.

143643220_849311462283607_4371315166563731593_n.png

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers

Maybe taking on Witherden's contract wasn't such a smart idea after all, hey?
Wouldn’t matter if it was Witherden or a kid on a rookie contract, they would still be doing the same thing, as it has nothing to do with one individuals contract, but rather the TPP being reduced by 9%.

As the article said, they’re not the only team doing it, St Kilda as well from memory. Every club has to find a way of reducing their wage bill.

HereIam86

Club Legend
Jun 5, 2010
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
La lakers Brisbane Heat
Do you think this season will be like last season where there was crowd less games teams in hubs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back