Football Related Random Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 2

Wow. A bit surprised this went to print.

Reckon a journalist would write this about two gay male players?

View attachment 1053860

It's on the nose. I can't recall anytime when they referenced sex between heterosexual players so gotta be the gay angle that makes them think it's ok.

And any not out gay players reading this could well hold even tighter to their secret least their activities become the stuff of newsprint.

I'm seriously unimpressed.

Note - talk about love is not the same as talking about sex, not that I can recall any love talk either.

Listening to ABC channel 24 they just announced that Collingwood are having a major announcement at 4.15pm Melbourne time
Seeing they used the word major can we expect Eddie to resign
This is what should happen along with a few others i would think
Age says so

The less said the better.

No offence, but creating better pathways for girls at the expense of boys in Victoria (cue the outrage by the PC crowd), particularly those that don't attend the elite boys schools is just ridiculous.

Whilst the AFL is generally out of touch, it has completely lost it now. :rolleyes: :drunk:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The less said the better.

No offence, but creating better pathways for girls at the expense of boys in Victoria (cue the outrage by the PC crowd), particularly those that don't attend the elite boys schools is just ridiculous.

Whilst the AFL is generally out of touch, it has completely lost it now. :rolleyes: :drunk:

It’s all about saving $$ at the expense of supporting junior football.

I wonder if the Hawthorn’s recruiters agree with Clarko, who was vocal last year that U18’s should spend more time at their local community clubs, rather than playing NAB League.

Will the VFL clubs step up, and fill the void for the kids who have already graduated school, or don’t attend a private school.

As I mentioned after the draft, I believe we (the Lions) should have offered a couple of the top undrafted Vic/SA/WA/Tas/NT kids a spot on our VFL list, if they were willing to move.

Gold Coast have one of SA’s top undrafted KPF’s from last year now playing in their academy, and available for their VFL team, as he is doing university on the Gold Coast.

If one of our listed players go down with a LTI or season ending injury during preseason, we can sign one of these kids to a rookie contract under the SSP rules.

I'm late to the party, but I just saw this (50M penalty for moving backwards to stretch your legs or whatever he was doing tha thad no bearing on the guy kicking for goal; FMD):

Is this for real? Has the AFL gone mad? Does that now mean that the man on the mark can no longer try to put off his opponent lining up for goal, waving his arms around, running towards the guy kicking for goal up to the mark, moving side to side etc.?

I'm genuinely finding it harder and harder to like this game with these dictator rules constantly applied by morons trying to justify their roles at AFL HQ. :mad: :drunk:

Is this for real? Has the AFL gone mad? Does that now mean that the man on the mark can no longer try to put off his opponent lining up for goal, waving his arms around, running towards the guy kicking for goal up to the mark, moving side to side etc.?

There's meant to be leeway of a metre, so maybe this was technically over-officiated (didn't look like he moved a metre to me), but yeah - no more moving side to side or back and forth, so no running towards him either. The rest (putting the opponent off, waving arms around) is still ok, but you also can't have more than one person on the mark either.

There's meant to be leeway of a metre, so maybe this was technically over-officiated (didn't look like he moved a metre to me), but yeah - no more moving side to side or back and forth, so no running towards him either. The rest (putting the opponent off, waving arms around) is still ok, but you also can't have more than one person on the mark either.
What a ****ing dumb rule.

Steve Hocking the dumbass again trying to justify his position by messing with the game and introducing more stupid rules.

I watched a few games from the late 80's, early 90's over the summer any my god, what a better product. Its like the AFL is going out of its way to royally **** this game.

Whilst I appreciate the AFL sets the rules, just watch at local level how umpires will be abused even more as a result of this.

What a ****ing dumb rule.

Steve Hocking the dumbass again trying to justify his position by messing with the game and introducing more stupid rules.

I watched a few games from the late 80's, early 90's over the summer any my god, what a better product. Its like the AFL is going out of its way to royally **** this game.

Whilst I appreciate the AFL sets the rules, just watch at local level how umpires will be abused even more as a result of this.
After watching the game replay yesterday. It appeared quite clear to me that our boys had been really well trained in the new rule.
And ingrained in their minds. They would get to the mark quickly and set themselves. On occasions they would place the mark themselves slightly inside the line of the mark but then stay stationary arms up in the air.
Personally I think it will be a great Thing for the game, and hopefully won’t hurt us too much throughout the year.
There is nothing worse than being forced to constantly kick down the line and this rule will allow that 45 degree kick and open up the corridor.

My fear is that teams with already high kicking percentage will be able to move up the field very easily.
Like Collingwood and Geelong. But hopefully other teams will be able to do the same.

After watching the game replay yesterday. It appeared quite clear to me that our boys had been really well trained in the new rule.
And ingrained in their minds. They would get to the mark quickly and set themselves. On occasions they would place the mark themselves slightly inside the line of the mark but then say stationary arms up in the air.
Personally I think it will be a great Thing for the game, and hopefully won’t hurt us too much throughout the year.
Great for the game my arse.

Player's have been moving on the mark since the inception of the game and attempting to put their opponent off and now in 2021, these dumb arses at the AFL and Steve Hocking come up with this hair-brained idea to now stop it so the team with the ball can play on quicker. What's next, a player on the mark has to sit down. :rolleyes:

I'll reserve judgment on the new on the mark rule until I see it in action in the regular H&A season a few times, what I will say is that I think we tinker with the rules too much, I can not think of another sport where there is so much tinkering with the rules, it seems to happen every off season in the AFL.

The other sport that I have some interest in is soccer and they very rarely adjust the rules of the game.

Great for the game my arse.

Player's have been moving on the mark since the inception of the game and attempting to put their opponent off and now in 2021, these dumb arses at the AFL and Steve Hocking come up with this hair-brained idea to now stop it so the team with the ball can play on quicker. What's next, a player on the mark has to sit down. :rolleyes:
It may have always been written in the rule that you can move laterally. But have they always done it to the extremes that they do today?
I would say definitely not!

I'll reserve judgment on the new on the mark rule until I see it in action in the regular H&A season a few times, what I will say is that I think we tinker with the rules too much, I can not think of another sport where there is so much tinkering with the rules, it seems to happen every off season in the AFL.

The other sport that I have some interest in is soccer and they very rarely adjust the rules of the game.
The only thing with football that has changed is VAR and that has been a debacle if you ask me.

It may have always been written in the rule that you can move laterally. But have they always done it to the extremes that they do today?
I would say definitely not!
You could move laterally and backwards all you want, you just couldn't move towards the player over the mark.

Rugby League and Rugby Union (at least in Australia) have had at least as many, if not more, rule changes in the past 2 years. I believe both codes are now more watchable as a result of those rule changes.

Cricket invented an entirely new version of the game several years ago. It is the second most watched sport on the planet.

I've got no issue with fair criticism of the rule changes but, at the same time, I think there should be an acknowledgment that the game needs significant improvement at the professional level. If you disagree with that, then it becomes a different conversation. But if you agree that the game is not currently the best version of itself, then the debate should be about what needs to change. Like it or not, the rules (or interpretation of the rules) is the one lever that the administrators can pull.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back