Football Related Random Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 2

He may have had warning after warning after warning?
And he ignored the warnings???

Would be interesting to see how many infraction points he received and how many points are needed for a permaban?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He may have had warning after warning after warning?
And he ignored the warnings???

This.

As a mod, Dylan was never pulled up for posting negative comments. I might disagree with his overreactions and opinions and express such, but I also repeatedly stood up for him when others were telling him to go support other clubs. This was not an issue.

Dylan was warned many times over the years for insulting and belittling those who would reply to his with a difference of opinion. I'm sure he will disagree with this but the mods have frequently deleted his posts, messaged him, warned him and even infracted him over this behaviour. Some posters will undoubtedly claim they never saw this behaviour, but I will point out that we delete posts precisely so that people don't have to be exposed to that kind of behaviour.

Generally he would improve on that front for some period of time. We also tended to cut him a lot more slack than others because of his tenure here and providing value to board.

However at some point we have to accept that this kind of repeated behaviour is simply not acceptable.

So 3KZ and D12 bit the dust. Must admit they both really annoyed me at times, but I put up with it because of their obvious passion for the club. The evil posts live on, but the good posts are interred with their bans. Or something like that.

3KZ is an interesting counter-example. Someone with a similar posting style, yet never received a warning or infraction in his time on the Lions board.

This.

As a mod, Dylan was never pulled up for posting negative comments. I might disagree with his overreactions and opinions and express such, but I also repeatedly stood up for him when others were telling him to go support other clubs. This was not an issue.

Dylan was warned many times over the years for insulting and belittling those who would reply to his with a difference of opinion. I'm sure he will disagree with this but the mods have frequently deleted his posts, messaged him, warned him and even infracted him over this behaviour. Some posters will undoubtedly claim they never saw this behaviour, but I will point out that we delete posts precisely so that people don't have to be exposed to that kind of behaviour.

Generally he would improve on that front for some period of time. We also tended to cut him a lot more slack than others because of his tenure here and providing value to board.

However at some point we have to accept that this kind of repeated behaviour is simply not acceptable.
Well Dlanod now that everyone knows perhaps he gets a final chance ?

Obviously no one would infer you've been heavy handed , justice being seen to be done and all that.

I think if it was clearly pointed out to him, not that you already haven't ,as to what was not acceptable and crossing those boundaries is the end then he could maybe give it a go.

He seems an emotional sort of fellow especially where footy's concerned , I'm sure not posing here would cut him quite deeply.

Just a thought. We all realise how difficult the job of the mods is.

Obviously no one would infer you've been heavy handed , justice being seen to be done and all that.

I think if it was clearly pointed out to him, not that you already haven't ,as to what was not acceptable and crossing those boundaries is the end then he could maybe give it a go.

He seems an emotional sort of fellow especially where footy's concerned , I'm sure not posing here would cut him quite deeply.

Looks like someone is pushing for a week ban of their own ;)

Mods do an awesome amount of (unpaid) work to keep this forum working for as many people as possible.

There's plenty of posts across a whole range of opinions and emotions that show they are tolerant and not trying to create a one size fits all environment.

If they've had enough, that's good enough for me. I want them to keep doing the job because there's no way in hell I want it. I don't imagine there are other queued to replace them.

Without seeing what Dylan12 posted to get him banned, it’s really hard to comment.

I’ve defended him the past, and criticised him in the past.

Not a fan of his posting style, but the same probably goes for me with other members here.

Will say he really helped my out for finals tickets in 2019, which I’ll be forever grateful for.

#banbriz #hesatoon

Unfortunately it's not simply an issue of awareness of boundaries, it's Dylan's inability to take on board criticism both in general discussions on this board and when we've tried to talk to him about the way he posts on here.

This.

G’day Dlanod,
Just wondering how many infraction points are required for a permanent ban? If you don’t know off hand, would be much appreciated if you could direct me to the right place where I could obtain this info.
Cheers.

Unfortunately it's not simply an issue of awareness of boundaries, it's Dylan's inability to take on board criticism both in general discussions on this board and when we've tried to talk to him about the way he posts on here.
Understood . Don't like him being kicked off because I think his heart's in the right place.

None of my business ,just trying to find a way forward for him .

G’day Dlanod,
Just wondering how many infraction points are required for a permanent ban? If you don’t know off hand, would be much appreciated if you could direct me to the right place where I could obtain this info.
Cheers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course it does. You want to talk to people who actually know stuff about footy and that's not going to be the case if you don't learn from the blatantly wrong opinions you've had.

You have to concede that if you are consistently wrong about decisions that the club makes that you are actually probably not smarter than the people at the club

And flip flopping from Noble being a dud to be the smartest person employed at the club between when he was recruited and when he left probably shows a bias to just rail against the decisions the club makes.

On the other side of the coin with the Noble example you brought up...

Dylan had an ‘unpopular opinion’ about Noble, then changes his opinion over time. You say that was PROBABLY because he wanted to rail against club decisions. MAYBE it was because he had genuinely changed his mind after he had seen Noble in action. Who knows, I can’t speak for D12, but on your behalf you are simply making assumptions.

It just bothers me that D12 is unpopular with some people because of his different opinions and then when he changes his opinion to the ‘majority’ (e.g. Noble) he still cops it?

FWIW I vehemently disagreed with his criticism of Noble, but I have every right to have an opinion and so does he.

Thanks Dlanod.
So I’m assuming that D12 received 20 infraction points? If they are the rules, fair enough.

Thanks Dlanod.
So I’m assuming that D12 received 20 infraction points? If they are the rules, fair enough.

No - he didn't receive a permanent ban from BigFooty. He received a board ban from the Lions board, which is different.

This is turning out bigger than Trump being banned on twitter

I think it’s because a number of people are really disappointed with the decision that has been made. I’ll wait until I hear back from Dlanod re how many infraction points D12 has received. If it’s 20 points, then as I said before - rules are rules and I will respect the decision.

I was permabanned 17 years ago... and pardoned and returned 5 years after that. All it took was a crew of mods with non-sociopathic tendencies taking over the board.

:whistle:

Haso was a mod?

I think it’s because a number of people are really disappointed with the decision that has been made. I’ll wait until I hear back from Dlanod re how many infraction points D12 has received. If it’s 20 points, then as I said before - rules are rules and I will respect the decision.

In the end it's a football forum and he'd been warned and warned and wanrned. Frankly, he was the cause of many posters dislike for coming to the Lions board because he derailed almost every thread. For me, the final line was drawn when he made disgusting racist comments - that was the nail in the D12 coffin for me. Good riddance.

In the end it's a football forum and he'd been warned and warned and wanrned. Frankly, he was the cause of many posters dislike for coming to the Lions board because he derailed almost every thread. For me, the final line was drawn when he made disgusting racist comments - that was the nail in the D12 coffin for me. Good riddance.

How ignorant do you have to be to not believe in white privilege?

I haven’t seen the comments Nunez. Where was it posted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back