Football Related Random Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 2

If that ever happens, it'll be the first time (at least since I've been moderating).

sd-aspect-1456244081-paulie-walnut-43.jpg

Rest of my post addressed the alternative but yeah, bigfooty mods in my experience a lot more understanding than virtually every other forum. I haven't been willing to go back through all the past posts, in a sentence what did Dylan do to get permabanned?

sd-aspect-1456244081-paulie-walnut-43.jpg

Rest of my post addressed the alternative but yeah, bigfooty mods in my experience a lot more understanding than virtually every other forum. I haven't been willing to go back through all the past posts, in a sentence what did Dylan do to get permabanned?

Has anybody ever said his work on the roster watch wasn't good though? In fact his efforts far outshined a lot of other boards.

His work in the roster watch has absolutely nothing to do with why people have issues with him or why he was banned.

Did you read the post I was replying to? ML made a point that some of D12’s posts denigrates players families. I was making the point that some families have personally thanked him.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Did you read the post I was replying to? ML made a point that some of D12’s posts denigrates players families. I was making the point that some families have personally thanked him.

Well D12 did go on a rant about how sad some parents must be, and living their failed life through their son, to go and watch their kids play a scratch match that’s held behind closed doors.

I got your point, I was merely pointing out that in this case the positives of Dylan were far outweighed by the negatives.

I don't think there's any need for anyone to say good riddance to Dylan and get stuck in to him now that he's gone. It's obvious many people didn't mind his content overall. They all seem like sensible intelligent people to me.

Well D12 did go on a rant about how sad some parents must be, and living their failed life through their son, to go and watch their kids play a scratch match that’s held behind closed doors.

Again, I was simply making the point that some parents from lions families have personally thanked D12 for his efforts. I have never stated that he hasn’t made some negative comments.

I was going to post similar, saying good riddance is not called for.
In life you never know what kind of pain or what has caused some people to do and say things and be the way they are or what really constitutes the essence of a person. Some of the biggest arseholes I've ever known would give you the shirt off their back if you really needed it.

SM gives the full display of emotions ,anger ,hate ,intolerance ,ignorance and whatever else that I see exist in my daily life but never on such a grand scale. My attitude is that you never get anywhere fighting fire with fire and just let it go.

If people don't treat you with respect they soon enough will if you surprise them by treating them with respect that they never expected. Usually . And if not you find out that they are likely beyond redemption.

Likewise words in print are far more stark and confronting , often misinterpreted , than a live conversation.

Just food for thought.

In life you never know what kind of pain or what has caused some people to do and say things and be the way they are or what really constitutes the essence of a person. Some of the biggest arseholes I've ever known would give you the shirt off their back if you really needed it.

SM gives the full display of emotions ,anger ,hate ,intolerance ,ignorance and whatever else that I see exist in my daily life but never on such a grand scale. My attitude is that you never get anywhere fighting fire with fire and just let it go.

If people don't treat you with respect they soon enough will if you surprise them by treating them with respect that they never expected. Usually . And if not you find out that they are likely beyond redemption.

Likewise words in print are far more stark and confronting , often misinterpreted , than a live conversation.

Just food for thought.
Very well said and I myself can take something out of it too

I find it insulting I don't have to option to ignore any of the mods when I hover over them...

I don't particularly want to follow, gift, or god forbid start a conversation with them :eek: :p

are bans just for the account? Or IP and all that. Guess he can always come back and continue. I am a football-stupid fan so I always get a lot out of people having countering opinions re: stuff on the field and the subsequent discussions on these boards. Good stuff.

Last edited:
This is awful. I honestly feel sorry for D12.
In your opinion

Wouldn't really take what Nunez says as meaningful. Doesnt really add much to discussions besides taking pot shots on anything that isn't group think. If you have a different opinion to his you're a troll haha.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't really take what Nunez says as meaningful. Doesnt really add much to discussions besides taking pot shots on anything that isn't group think. If you have a different opinion to his you're a troll haha.
Or people are taking differing opinions to private conversations.

I do agree, there can be a bit of a pile on if you express a view that is not widely popular or excepted here, or somewhat negative.

This comment is not about D12, but in general.

Or people are taking differing opinions to private conversations.

I do agree, there can be a bit of a pile on if you express a view that is not widely popular or excepted here, or somewhat negative.

This comment is not about D12, but in general.
Well we all know people judge a username and not the content on this board these days. Ive been victim to this biased thinking thst is prevalent on this board. I used to share bits and pieces of inside info here but was always questioned. I gather it was my username and not the content or the person I am. People just hold grudges because at a time I was an idiot on this forum. But thst stink still stays. Feel this is where D12 is now... and evidenced by lack of respect he gets from a few of the moral high ground posters that add * all to this board besides snipes.

Well we all know people judge a username and not the content on this board these days. Ive been victim to this biased thinking thst is prevalent on this board. I used to share bits and pieces of inside info here but was always questioned. I gather it was my username and not the content or the person I am. People just hold grudges because at a time I was an idiot on this forum. But thst stink still stays. Feel this is where D12 is now... and evidenced by lack of respect he gets from a few of the moral high ground posters that add fu** all to this board besides snipes.

Speaking of snipers...

Since D12 has been banished this forum has descended into Lord of the Flies territory.

I'd like to speak for a second in defence of moderators. Disclaimer: I modded this board for a bit, an age ago, so feel free to level accusations of apologism against me.

I'm sure there are mods on BigFooty (and elsewhere) who assume the role because they like a like the power trip. But to be honest I can't see the current batch as being drunk on power.

The term moderator means to moderate the discussion and the general tone of the board so that it's a place people will continue to return. They will notice the general mood of the board. They will monitor the traffic of the board, keeping an eye on who has posting a lot, who the new members are, who has been missing for periods, and who has dropped off completely. And when negative posters cause the overall mood of the board to dip so that there are less new members joining or more older members falling away, then they'll generally do something about it. When they have to do it over and over again, the patience can wear out and I can only assume that's what happened here.

When it comes to moderating, still waters run deep. I'm not privy to the to the conversations that occur between the current mods (nor would I want to be), but I know from my time there would be flurries of messages between discussing issues like these and a constant communication in general. By and large moderating is a thankless task and takes up more time than you would envisage from the outside. But because you're the "authority figure" there's a natural tendency from some to see them as party-poopers.

People just hold grudges because at a time I was an idiot on this forum. But thst stink still stays. Feel this is where D12 is now.

This I feel as a key difference (and I for one can see how you've changed). You've acknowledged your past tendencies and rectified them. And while I'm no where near as active on here as I used to be, I still read pretty much everything and to my eye Dylan hasn't really changed and from the outside looking in it doesn't appear he thinks he should (that could be a total misread) - what you get from him, while passionate, is an overall negative view of most things and that can really grate after a while, particularly for those who have to deal with the spotfires that pop up around them. It's a shame, because I do enjoy reading a different viewpoint on things and he did good work with the Roster Watch threads, but like others have alluded to this must have been the straw that broke the camels back.

In your opinion

In what world do his positives (roster watch) outweigh racist comments, abuse towards other posters, derailing every thread and overly personal insults towards players, their families and coaches?

Sorry mate it just doesn't add up.

In what world do his positives (roster watch) outweigh racist comments, abuse towards other posters, derailing every thread and overly personal insults towards players, their families and coaches?

Sorry mate it just doesn't add up.

You are claiming the only positives that D12 brings is on the roster watch. I disagree, so again that is simply your opinion. Not trying to create a sh*t fight, but I feel like you are turning your own opinions into facts.

You are claiming the only positives that D12 brings is on the roster watch. I disagree, so again that is simply your opinion. Not trying to create a sh*t fight, but I feel like you are turning your own opinions into facts.

There are plenty of others with the default position that everyone running the club is an idiot and everything they do is wrong. Unless you leave to coach North and then you're no longer a clown but the smartest person we had at our club and solely responsible for us being a good team the last two years.

I agree, it is my opinion. But the facts are:

He made racist comments
He made personal insults towards players and families
He made personal insults to other posters
He derailed threads

I think my opinion is a pretty logical conclusion to draw from the above. I respect you feel differently and don't want a s**t flight either :)

I agree, it is my opinion. But the facts are:

He made racist comments
He made personal insults towards players and families
He made personal insults to other posters
He derailed threads

I think my opinion is a pretty logical conclusion to draw from the above. I respect you feel differently and don't want a sh*t flight either :)

I don’t disagree that D12 has been negative at times and thrown an insult around here and there. I’m just someone who enjoyed reading some of his posts and just want him to have a ‘fair trial.’ I think I’ve clearly had my say anyway and time to move onto some positives. Just trying to show some loyalty to someone I’ve been communicating with for a while.

I think it’s fair to say that opinions are divided and D12 has his supporters, as well as his critics. We all have the right to make our opinions on the subject and I’ve got respect for everyone on the board.

I’m off to the cattery tonight for the first time, so I’ll be cheering on the lions for anyone that can’t be there

I don’t disagree that D12 has been negative at times and thrown an insult around here and there. I’m just someone who enjoyed reading some of his posts and just want him to have a ‘fair trial.’ I think I’ve clearly had my say anyway and time to move onto some positives. Just trying to show some loyalty to someone I’ve been communicating with for a while.

I think it’s fair to say that opinions are divided and D12 has his supporters, as well as his critics. We all have the right to make our opinions on the subject and I’ve got respect for everyone on the board.

I’m off to the cattery tonight for the first time, so I’ll be cheering on the lions for anyone that can’t be there

Hope they get the win for you mate!

S
I'm more interested in his right to say his opinions rather than the content. Bigfooty is legitimately one of the most open forums for discussion of everything on the on the Internet and I love that about it. Next to my need to discuss footy with people that can offer anything other than "yeah" it's my favourite thing about it. I don't like seeing a long standing poster banned because their opinions aren't kosher. If this place becomes some reddit + footy style echo chamber then I won't come here. I want differing opinions. If he said something particularly inflammatory, or had been insulting other posters continually then I guess so be it, but if it wasn't that for which he was banned I tend to think he could've just remained here and people could just be advised to ignore or not reply.
Some people just look at the way the post is written or the emotion of it and not the content.
He certainly came out with stuff that I simply didn't agree with or totally agreed and easily ignored that part.
a lot of the time I agreed with him but not the way he said it, so I for one simply looked at the content and gave credit for it and ignored the emotion.

Anyway Dylan pushed it too far sometimes .
But I'm the type of guy that doesn't need a phone in my hand all the time, so some of the old school ideology that he was passionate about I got.

Hope they get the win for you mate!

I’m hoping the 2 1/2 hour drive will be worth it mate! Haha. Either way, just rapt to go to a game again. Has been a killer not seeing the boys live!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back