Football Related Random Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 2

I’m hoping the 2 1/2 hour drive will be worth it mate! Haha. Either way, just rapt to go to a game again. Has been a killer not seeing the boys live!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Enjoy. Wear those Lions colour with pride and hopefully you'll be all smiles on the way out.

Oct 29, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Blazers/Heat, ORST beavers
Got a PM from a mod a few years back saying D12 was trying to turn over a new leaf on this board and be a bit more balanced with his posting - we used to go back and forth quite a bit with arguments.

Looking back at those posts and the ad nauseam arguments he used to post and I have to say he actually got a lot worse with this as time went on. To me it wasn’t frustrating to read a post which disagreed...but reading the same, slightly reworded posts 100 times sprinkled with the occasional personal insult for extremely tiresome.

If I had to to guess I would think this would have a bit to do with his ban...no poster is important enough that we should have to read these posts over and over on every thread, especially given how combative he often was with making his point. Towards the end he really did come across as a troll.

Just my 2c.

Oct 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
Enjoy. Wear those Lions colour with pride and hopefully you'll be all smiles on the way out.

Cheers mate! I’m rocking the new lions reversible training top tonight. Traffic not great so hope I get there on time haha.

I’m hoping the 2 1/2 hour drive will be worth it mate! Haha. Either way, just rapt to go to a game again. Has been a killer not seeing the boys live!

Well, the drive back would not have been pleasant, re-living the absolute robbery by the umps. Blatant throws, Bailey's free given as holding the ball against him and two minutes later he doesn't get one himself. I can't ever remember that I went off against the umpiring but last night was a disgrace. Anyhow, trust you had a reasonable trip driving back home.

Oct 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
Well, the drive back would not have been pleasant, re-living the absolute robbery by the umps. Blatant throws, Bailey's free given as holding the ball against him and two minutes later he doesn't get one himself. I can't ever remember that I went off against the umpiring but last night was a disgrace. Anyhow, trust you had a reasonable trip driving back home.

Hey mate. Was saying to my wife that that game had the potential to be one of my best experiences at the football. The atmosphere around the lions supporters (particularly in the 4th q) was absolutely electric! But the disappointment and utter disbelief made the drive home a tough one. Can’t remember being so angry about a game of football. A tough pill to swallow! Got home safely which is the most important thing. Cheers mate and hopefully (if I get tickets) the drive home from Mars stadium will be a better one

The only thing I’m going to miss about Dylan were his ridiculous hot takes that he’d pretend he never made. Tom Cutler is worth 2 first rounders is still my favourite.

E2A2AB28-119A-43CC-AFD8-9B241C4285AE.jpeg

FLVanLandingham

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 3, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
seems the free replays are still available on afl site for now. They did this at the start of last year too right? I feel it was only for the first 2-3 weeks before it went back behind the paywall.

Any great matches I should watch? Already seen the WB/WC one which was great.

Seems you an watch any replay all the way back to 2012 season. Jump onto it before they remove it for free I reckon :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back