Football Related Random Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 2

In the playing area. Lang Park was used as an Athletics track for 30 years. Can't see why an 880 track won't fit there now. It looks the same size playing area to me.

On CPH1920 using BigFooty.com mobile app

There is absolutely no room for an IAAF-standard size athletics track. You'd have to wipe at all seating at the southern and northern ends and even then it probably wouldn't be enough.

Then again...

Mar 24, 2017
Blackburn
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
In the playing area. Lang Park was used as an Athletics track for 30 years. Can't see why an 880 track won't fit there now. It looks the same size playing area to me.

On CPH1920 using BigFooty.com mobile app
The Gabba is not even big enough for a running track. New Gabba will be longer and not quite as wide. Similar to Perth.
I can’t believe Lions fans are complaining about this. In 2032 you will have the best stadium in the country.

The only item on my wish list for the new Gabba is that I am still alive to see the Lions play at Vossermanis Stadium.
Speaking of a name for the New Stadium.
I wonder if the new Gabba will actually garner any interest in the naming rights?
Because the current Gabba didn’t.

Nov 26, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
There’s no goal posts. 😢
The best part about this photo is no "I am Lion"

1618962172794.png

Nov 26, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
When I read your post first I read it as a "No, I am Lion" like a Spartacus thing 😂

My favourite thing about this is how low-effort all the photoshopping is.
Yes we need a spot the problems with this photo
Goal posts at other end are all the same height
No goal umpire flags at closest end
I am sure there are others

Nov 26, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
E-mail from club below
Mentions Modern Pentathion being - fencing, swimming, horse riding, pistol shooting, and running
Hope horse riding is on Number 2 oval

The Brisbane Lions welcome the State Government’s grand plan for a complete redevelopment of the Gabba should Queensland host the 2032 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk and Sports Minister Stirling Hinchcliffe yesterday announced a proposal to transform the Gabba into a world class 50,000 seat venue that would be the centrepiece stadium of a Queensland Olympics.
Lions CEO Greg Swann said the Gabba was an iconic venue in Australian sport and the proposed redevelopment would leave a lasting legacy for football, sport and the wider community.
“Hosting an Olympic Games would be a huge opportunity for the entire State and a dream come true for all sports loving Queenslanders,’’ he said.
“The Gabba is the home of football in Queensland, the game has been played there for over 100 years and to have a redeveloped stadium as the legacy of an Olympics would ensure that, as our game continues to grow, fans can enjoy a world class facility.’’

The Club’s new Training and Support Centre at Springfield Central also features in venue planning should Queensland host the 2032 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
Queensland’s proposal has modern pentathlon being staged at Springfield, supported by the arena’s high-quality rail and road connections and outstanding sporting facilities.

Full Wingspan

Premiership Player
Oct 3, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I am slightly concerned the development will only see an additional 8,000 seats added. I hope the design allows for the option to add further seating should a later redevelopment be required in 30 years or so.

I am slightly concerned the development will only see an additional 8,000 seats added. I hope the design allows for the option to add further seating should a later redevelopment be required in 30 years or so.
Jake Anson on the Roar Deal today was saying that it could be anywhere between 47k and 55k.
Hope it is more likely closer to the 55k.
He said that is probably about all the site will allow.

Mar 24, 2017
Blackburn
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
But the Gabba hasn’t held 42k for ages. Thousands of seats have been removed for more corporate, dining, bar areas. Maybe a scoreboard? Is currently 36k for cricket and 37k for footy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back