Football Related Random Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 2

Anyone know why Heritage Round was given the boot?

I always loved the jumpers from the past for all clubs not just our own but heard Eddie say they got rid of it. I can understand not having it every year, but it would be good say every couple of years.

Also on the Collingwood and Port black and white debate. What's the issue. I mean Crows came in after us and wear blue, red and yellow and then the Suns adopted the same colors. I know we blur between red and maroon, but still, there's three clubs wearing the same colors and no one is saying sqwat.

But bring on the Heritage Round every now I reckon.

I always loved the jumpers from the past for all clubs not just our own but heard Eddie say they got rid of it. I can understand not having it every year, but it would be good say every couple of years.

Also on the Collingwood and Port black and white debate. What's the issue. I mean Crows came in after us and wear blue, red and yellow and then the Suns adopted the same colors. I know we blur between red and maroon, but still, there's three clubs wearing the same colors and no one is saying sqwat.

One word "Eddie"

Perhaps due to the expansion clubs having no heritage?

One of the best Clubman going around I reckon. Has achieved a lot for someone who has been mostly on the fringe. Very happy for him.

In one of those quirky little stats - also played his 50th and 100th games against the Suns as he will play his 150th game this weekend also against the Suns.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perhaps due to the expansion clubs having no heritage?

But that is their heritage, and they have to turn it into a story that will be there in 20, 30..50... years to come.

History starts somewhere, so they need to start their own traditions for heritage week .

This is good news for fans especially anyone involved with Fantasy Footy
From AFL Site

THURSDAY night teams are back.

After strong fan feedback the AFL has confirmed that team announcements will return to their traditional Thursday night slot, starting from round 10.

The round when we play on Friday and would’ve released our team on the Thursday anyway

This is good news for fans especially anyone involved with Fantasy Footy
From AFL Site

THURSDAY night teams are back.

After strong fan feedback the AFL has confirmed that team announcements will return to their traditional Thursday night slot, starting from round 10.

Like many, far too late to save my SC team :)

Given it’s only 2% difference I’m not sure if it’s so much about us getting better or everyone else getting worse but the difference since round 5 has been noticeable

BRISBANE LIONS

Metric: Scores per entry

2020: 45% (#2)

2021: 43% (#11)

The Lions’ drop in this area is heavily influenced by their sluggish start to the season, which saw them lose three of their first four games. Charlie Cameron managed just four goals from those matches, while Dan McStay was still sidelined through injury. It must be noted as well that, overall, AFL teams have been more efficient at scoring once inside 50 this season, likely because of the new rules giving forwards more space inside the arc and opportunities to kick at goal. However things are turning in this area. After averaging eight marks per inside 50 across the first four rounds, the Lions have averaged 15 in their past four games. That’s led to a scores per inside 50 increase of 54 per cent from Rounds 5 to 8, compared to 40 per cent from Rounds 1 to 4.

Given it’s only 2% difference I’m not sure if it’s so much about us getting better or everyone else getting worse but the difference since round 5 has been noticeable

BRISBANE LIONS

Metric: Scores per entry

2020: 45% (#2)

2021: 43% (#11)

The Lions’ drop in this area is heavily influenced by their sluggish start to the season, which saw them lose three of their first four games. Charlie Cameron managed just four goals from those matches, while Dan McStay was still sidelined through injury. It must be noted as well that, overall, AFL teams have been more efficient at scoring once inside 50 this season, likely because of the new rules giving forwards more space inside the arc and opportunities to kick at goal. However things are turning in this area. After averaging eight marks per inside 50 across the first four rounds, the Lions have averaged 15 in their past four games. That’s led to a scores per inside 50 increase of 54 per cent from Rounds 5 to 8, compared to 40 per cent from Rounds 1 to 4.

Thank you Mr McStay. Just being there for us makes a big difference.

Damien Barrett talking up Starc as an AA contender. Goes to show how far Starc has come in the last year.

Starce surely.

Starc = either of these guys...
11Starcbros.ashx

Or maybe even these...
images
1620953131660.jpeg

Sorry, personal phonetic bugbear of mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back