Football Related Random Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 2

Nov 26, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The Rugby League Grand Final now has some real issues to deal with
Capacity now reduced to 75% so who will decide which people can't attend and get a refund.
Or will they now transfer it to Townsville and start again
I am not a League fan but if it was AFL i would be very disappointed if i was one of 12K selected to not attend and get a fefund
From news.co

The Grand Final between Penrith and South Sydney is scheduled to take place at Brisbane’s Suncorp Stadium on Sunday night and while the Premier didn’t specifically mention the game at her press conference on Thursday, the new restrictions mean crowd capacity will be cut to 75 per cent.

Suncorp Stadium has a capacity of 52,500 and approximately 50,000 tickets have already been sold for the match, meaning roughly 12,000 fans will need to hand back their tickets.

That Bulimba Par 3 course reminds me of the Royal & Ancient Burnley golf course in Melbs lol. Any golf course is a challenge with sufficient beer.
I got my only hole in one and last ever game of golf on the 10th(1st) on that course. I'm amazed it hasn't been developed TBH

I see in the GC Bulletin that baby girl Neale has arrived safely at the Mater Hosp, Brissy.

Piper Rose Neale.👶🧸
94BF9CE4-0F99-4480-B2DE-AFFD6D63DBB5.png

BangyBangy

BangyBangyMightyLoins
Oct 16, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Nice little clip from the AFL on demand section 'big bags'.

A lazy seven from Brennan that day we tore the toothless mob a new one.

Brennan was good, think I still would've given Black 3 votes.

Rookie
Oct 17, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Wasn't sure where to post this, but sad to say that Lloyd Johnson (father of Chris) has passed away. Rest in peace Uncle Lloydy 🟡

On moto g(30) using BigFooty.com mobile app
Sad to read this. Lloyd was a good man, his brother Ronnie was in the Fitzroy Cheer Squad - we all thought he was talking rubbish when he would tell his how good his nephew was!

Oct 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
Sad to read this. Lloyd was a good man, his brother Ronnie was in the Fitzroy Cheer Squad - we all thought he was talking rubbish when he would tell his how good his nephew was!
He was a ripper mate. I'm good mates with his son Adam and it is heartbreaking for the family. Haha Ronnie was certainly on the money with his predictions about Chrissy!

On moto g(30) using BigFooty.com mobile app

MacMum

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 6, 2007
Ballarat
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
These footballers do alright for themselves if they get a career out of it...

Luke Hodge has his Melbourne house for sale, its stunning. Selling up as he wants to stay in Qld.

(was in the HUN earlier this morning, can't see it now)

BangyBangy

BangyBangyMightyLoins
Oct 16, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
What happened to holidays? you know, rest and relaxation...giving sore bodies a decent break.

Surely they don't need to be doing that stuff until at least December.

They have another holiday in December & start back training in Jan.

Works well. Hit the iron (that's what us chiseled bodybuilders call it) hard for a couple of months & have another break.

MacMum

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 6, 2007
Ballarat
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Loved the photo of our old champs having a get together :brisbane::trophy: (on Lions twitter)

...Aker, Shaun Hart, Lynchy, Simon Black, Darryl White, Clark Keating

Last edited:
On Trading Day the other night, Ben Dixon was talking about how he nearly got traded to Brisbane in 2001 in exchange for Clark Keating. I have a distant recollection about Keating being of interest to Hawthorn, but to hear Dixon tell it, the only reason it didn't happen was Dixon turned his phone off. Given how crucial Crackers was in finals, bit of a sliding doors moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back