Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 2

BangyBangy

BangyBangyMightyLoins
Oct 16, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Was that the injury he sustained just prior to half time against Adelaide? I remember watching that contest and thinking the worst, but surprised he ran out again. Didn't look mobile thereafter.

I thought I saw some posters on here saying it was the Gold Coast game.

So does a PCL injury that you can play through require surgery or just rest to heal? Anyone know?

I assume he's not back running yet in any case.

Mar 13, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Bruins, Dodgers, Bulls, SEM Phoenix
Former No.1 pick 'like a new recruit' for Lions, says footy boss
Cam Rayner is on the road to full fitness after tearing his ACL earlier this year

BRISBANE expects former No.1 pick Cam Rayner to be available for the start of pre-season after tearing his ACL earlier this year.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
There's a thread on the main board where you name your best 22 of players originally drafted by you in the National Draft who are still on an AFL list, here's my Lions version, have I forgotten anyone?

Brandon Starcevich, Harris Andrews, Darcy Gardiner.
Daniel Rich, Jack Payne, Jack Crisp.

Oscar McInerney, Dayne Zorko, Elliot Yeo.
Hugh McCluggage, Zac Bailey, Jarrod Berry.

Cam Rayner, Eric Hipwood, Keidean Coleman.
Dev Robertson, Daniel McStay, Tom Berry.

Jaxon Prior, Sam Docherty, Jack Redden, Ryan Lester.

There's a thread on the main board where you name your best 22 of players originally drafted by you in the National Draft who are still on an AFL list, here's my Lions version, have I forgotten anyone?

I am far from a fan of his, but I do think Polec would get a bench spot ahead of Prior. Keays & Aish would as well. Those three probably replace Prior, Robertson & Tom Berry for me.

Schache vs Payne could be an interesting argument too. Would probably lean towards Payne as well though.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

Not a bad team. Ben Keays would replace Prior

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
I am far from a fan of his, but I do think Polec would get a bench spot ahead of Prior. Keays & Aish would as well. Those three probably replace Prior, Robertson & Tom Berry for me.

Schache vs Payne could be an interesting argument too. Would probably lean towards Payne as well though.
Not a bad team. Ben Keays would replace Prior
Ben Keays slipped my mind but yer him in for Prior is a definite, one of Polec/Aish for Tom Berry as well.

BangyBangy

BangyBangyMightyLoins
Oct 16, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
So what happens if you haven't been vaccinated, but you have had covid & made a full recovery?

Isn't vaccination just trying to mimic that same process?

Thought I'd just throw that one out there given players are being vaccinated etc etc, & looks like you're going to be treated like a second class citizen if you're not vaccinated in Australia now.

Some_guy

Senior List
Aug 27, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
So what happens if you haven't been vaccinated, but you have had covid & made a full recovery?

Thought I'd just throw that one out there given players are being vaccinated etc etc, & looks like you're going to be treated like a second class citizen if you're not vaccinated in Australia now.
Pretty safe to assume that you will be treated as unvaccinated regardless if you have previously had covid or not

Medical documentation indicates actually catching COVID doesn't provide as strong a protection as vaccination (studying antibody numbers). It's also a lot easier to boost vaccination than boost catching COVID.

Rumour on the draft board is that one of the big V clubs has expressed significant interest in Matt Hammelmann.

Now I don’t know if it’s for the draft or as a SSP signing.
Hardly surprising given the season he had.

bungalow_bill

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 11, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Not sure if it has been discussed before but anyone here follow the USAFL? Seems to be pretty popular. There are two "Lions" teams one of which has this familiar looking logo

1635060912953.png

And what a gorgeous logo it is.

Like... we should ditch the paddlepop and do exactly this on everything.

Why do we still have the paddlepop? Is it a contractual thing? If they only have paddlepop polos again this year, it is another year without getting any of my money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back