Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 2

Most distance covered in a game in 2021

1st. Lachlan Sholl, R4 v NM, 17.26km
2nd. Sam Walsh, R7 v Ess, 17.13km
3rd. Lachlan Sholl, R1 v Geel, 17.05km
4th. Lachlan Sholl, R8 v PA, 16.84km
5th. Hugh McCluggage, SF v WB, 16.74km

Top-five most distance covered per game in 2021 (Brisbane Lions)

Hugh McCluggage, 14.57km
Harris Andrews, 14.21km
Brandon Starcevich, 13.72km
Marcus Adams, 13.28km
Zac Bailey, 13.01km

Zac Bailey is one I probably didn't expect, for past pre-season watchers what has the gap between Bailey, Starcevich and Rayner been like during long distance runs in the past?

Zac Bailey is one I probably didn't expect, for past pre-season watchers what has the gap between Bailey, Starcevich and Rayner been like during long distance runs in the past?
For me it is not all about long distance running or the term big tank although good fitness is a definite factor in these type of stats
I believe it is more to do with TOG and good fitness
TOG ranking for the Lions: (Rank 1) Andrews 96.7%, (3) Adams 92.06%, (5) Starcevich 85.04%, (9) McCluggage 82.62%, (14) Bailey 81.38%
Bailey increased his TOG by 3.4% from 2020 so hopefully he improves to a McCluggage level in 2022

Some other players on that AFL list that might initially surprise people.
Players appearing on that AFL list and their TOG ranking in the competition: (Rank 1) Henderson, (4) Darling, (5) Andrews, (6) Wilkie, (10) Jonas, (14) Garthwaite, (15) Rampe, (20) Langdon

This stat reminds me a little of the ultra marathon runner Cliff Young (then 61 years old)
He shuffled his way to win the 875 kilometer Sydney to Melbourne race in 1983.
Won by 10 hours because he did not stop to sleep like the other runners
For the youngsters on this site that may not be aware of this feat below a link for how it unfolded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back