Football Related Random Thread - PART 2

Easy enough:

View attachment 1280609

As a note, trail running is very different to road running. Tactics for hills are very different in trail running. Looks like Harry went out hard and then was stuffed.

Good on Jaxon too. A very good sign for the season ahead.

Matho did well. Surely 2022 is his breakout year.

Matho did well. Surely 2022 is his breakout year.
Maybe. I think Matho needs to change his game. I'm glad he's running decently - he needs to do that for longer. He also needs to play football, not freekicks. If he can do them, then he can focus on skills in pre-season and give himself a red-hot crack.

Maybe. I think Matho needs to change his game. I'm glad he's running decently - he needs to do that for longer. He also needs to play football, not freekicks. If he can do them, then he can focus on skills in pre-season and give himself a red-hot crack.

Jeez, people round here love their rose coloured glasses. In his last game, apart from gifting free kicks, he hardly had a possession that did not result in a turnover. Focus on skills? If he has not got them at his stage, he never will. Matho may be a great bloke. But. He. Is. Not. Good. Enough. To. Play. In. A. Premiership. Team. Full. Stop.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Jeez, people round here love their rose coloured glasses. In his last game, apart from gifting free kicks, he hardly had a possession that did not result in a turnover. Focus on skills? If he has not got them at his stage, he never will. Matho may be a great bloke. But. He. Is. Not. Good. Enough. To. Play. In. A. Premiership. Team. Full. Stop.
No need to yell Bunt.

I didn't say he was? I said he needed to change his game. I don't know that I'd call that "rose coloured glasses". Relax.

I didn’t realise that Harry Sharp had re-signed.
Must have missed that one, or forgot…….. which is highly likely.
Back in August, along with McFadyen.

I didn’t realise that Harry Sharp had re-signed.
Must have missed that one, or forgot…….. which is highly likely.

Not quite accurate. Prior and Robertson extended Nov 2020. (unless there has been subsequent re-signings that have not been announced.l

Jan 13, 2016
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Brad Scott said players who actively delay the game will concede a 50 metre penalty.
“Not rule changes as such, but we did talk about some interpretations and probably just bringing back the umpire interpretations back to the way the rules were originally written,” Scott told SEN’s Whateley.

This will be an interpretation I welcome and am looking forward to seeing applied. His brothers side will be one of the 1st teams affected

Brad Scott said players who actively delay the game will concede a 50 metre penalty.
“Not rule changes as such, but we did talk about some interpretations and probably just bringing back the umpire interpretations back to the way the rules were originally written,” Scott told SEN’s Whateley.

This will be an interpretation I welcome and am looking forward to seeing applied. His brothers side will be one of the 1st teams affected

Who'd have thought that actually applying the rules in place might result in a more open game.

Such a bug bear of mine and something we never really seem to take advantage of.

They are getting excited about Dusty's 10kg weight loss
I am not sure that will help his game style
Maybe he puts 5kg back on by round 1
Be interesting to see how that turns out in 2022

Not uncommon for older players to drop kegs to help with longevity. Hodge did so too after he suffered a series of injuries.

I just had a thought. Mitch Robinson is the only redheaded player on our list, I think? When Mitch retires (possibly end of this year), it will be the first time in Brisbane Lions (merged entity) history that we haven't had a redhead on the list. We had a few on the list in 97 when the merger took effect, including Vossy and Aker, then Dan Merrett came along and then Mitch Robbo. There was always redhead continuity. But Robbo is the last of the gingers.

I think this means we absolutely need a "draft a ranga" campaign for next year.

Or we trade for Matt Rowell!

Back