hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Like who up front, don't remember anyone?
Baba has hurt us badly...
We won a title with Pablo Sanchez, Sergio Cirio and Bruce Djite.

What we lack is a playmaking 10 to unlock defences. Isa is feeling the pinch too, worst month in his time here.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
He's in terrible form. Carried too much of the load for 3 seasons.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Which is honestly a disgrace.

Dont think I'll renew my membership next season
See ya.

Kurz was an average manager, and now he's gone. The club doesn't want to be a feeder club, that's nonsense, but we want to have a local identity rather than getting German 3rd division players who walk out after a year.

See ya.

Kurz was an average manager, and now he's gone. The club doesn't want to be a feeder club, that's nonsense, but we want to have a local identity rather than getting German 3rd division players who walk out after a year.
His record is above average for mangers at Adelaide United.

They better find someone better!

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
His record is above average for mangers at Adelaide United.

They better find someone better!
Kosmina made a GF, as did Viddie. Viddie even made an ACL final with 10% of the budget of his opposition. Amor won a Double although players will tell you he wasn't really coaching.

We play a boring, predictable style and we don't give any youth a go.

I'm not happy with how publicly this played out but I don't really think he was that good a manager.

Kosmina made a GF, as did Viddie. Viddie even made an ACL final with 10% of the budget of his opposition. Amor won a Double although players will tell you he wasn't really coaching.

We play a boring, predictable style and we don't give any youth a go.

I'm not happy with how publicly this played out but I don't really think he was that good a manager.
We will probably make the finals both years & won a cup, so that is above average.

Done ok given limitations of the squad.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
We will probably make the finals both years & won a cup, so that is above average.

Done ok given limitations of the squad.
I keep hearing about these limitations but do they exist ?? Our injury record had been horrendous and some former players I've spoken to say overtraining has a lot to do with it. Kurz HAD the chance to get rid of Baba in the off season and failed to do so.

We've made finals 2 years running...... so what ?? 6 out of 10 teams make it every year. It's great we won the Cup but reality is it means no more than a Pre season cup footy win.

We've been boring and predictable to watch

May 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
WWTFC,Chelsea,Glasgow Celtic,Lech Poznan
I keep hearing about these limitations but do they exist ?? Our injury record had been horrendous and some former players I've spoken to say overtraining has a lot to do with it. Kurz HAD the chance to get rid of Baba in the off season and failed to do so.

We've made finals 2 years running...... so what ?? 6 out of 10 teams make it every year. It's great we won the Cup but reality is it means no more than a Pre season cup footy win.

We've been boring and predictable to watch

In your opinion.

Sep 29, 2007
The Kop
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Socceroos-LFC-Crows-Adel.United
I'd luv to know where these gun youth players are that would've helped us win the league lol.

Kurz is a quality manager and deserves better imo, but I'm a bit torn as to what the owners intentions are.

My gut feeling is the owner knows exactly who he wants as manager, I just don't know whether it'll be one of pieres mates from Holland or a local maybe???
I still have this terrible feeling Viddie Sr orJr will be appointed.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
In your opinion.
Absolutely, but I'd back my informed opinion over a few bedwetters.

Interesting that Travis Dodd has come out in support of the managements decision. If it's good enough for arguably our clubs biggest legend then it's good enough for me.

I dont see what the big deal is. The owners inherited a lot of contracts of staff, it makes sense that they want to start fresh. I hope they don't just get a new coach though, we need a big off field change too.

We also have more players under contract than any other A League club.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
I'd luv to know where these gun youth players are that would've helped us win the league lol.

Kurz is a quality manager and deserves better imo, but I'm a bit torn as to what the owners intentions are.

My gut feeling is the owner knows exactly who he wants as manager, I just don't know whether it'll be one of pieres mates from Holland or a local maybe???
I still have this terrible feeling Viddie Sr orJr will be appointed.
You'd be wrong..... again.

Would you rather a 33yo Vince Lia or a 23yo Nathan Konstandopoulos ?? The local lad every time. So too with AP or Dud Thomassen ?? We have talented kids like D'Arrigo, Armiento and Brook used sparingly and Pacifique banging the goals in NPL who can't even make the bench.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
I guess they deserve a chance to do it third way, but I'll be watching closely ;)
We all will be.

It's good to lay out a vision of what we want to be, but they MUST get things right. Mori to coach would be a good start.

Back in the Pickard and Bianco days we had an affiliation because of the massive local element, this is long gone.

Sep 29, 2007
The Kop
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
You really think those kids would help us do better?

Everytime we blood kids they seem to piss off anyhow, though the club makes a bit of money on them, which is probably what the owners want.

Personally the model I like is perths ATM they have players at their peak, not good enough to play overseas but excellent a league players.

Sep 29, 2007
The Kop
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
We all will be.

It's good to lay out a vision of what we want to be, but they MUST get things right. Mori to coach would be a good start.

Back in the Pickard and Bianco days we had an affiliation because of the massive local element, this is long gone.

Didn't Mori get sacked by city?
You really think someone like him could compete against a Toni popovic or Kevin bloody Muscat?

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Didn't Mori get sacked by city?
You really think someone like him could compete against a Toni popovic or Kevin bloody Muscat?
I do, in fact Muscat had no coaching experience before being given the reigns to Victory. Poppa is an interesting one, seems an intense character who can burn his players out quick. Let's not forget how badly he failed when he went OS to Turkey.

If not Mori, then an Australian coach at very least. We need someone who understands the landscape and what best suits our market. But it's not just the coach, we need an entire staff overhaul.

Sep 29, 2007
The Kop
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
As much as Kossie lacked in certain areas of coaching I liked the local flavour he brought to the club.

Viddie Jr has big raps on him apparently the old owners would've appointed him if we couldn't entice Kurz.

I'm just not sure Aussie coaches can compete against o/s guys just yet.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
As much as Kossie lacked in certain areas of coaching I liked the local flavour he brought to the club.

Viddie Jr has big raps on him apparently the old owners would've appointed him if we couldn't entice Kurz.

I'm just not sure Aussie coaches can compete against o/s guys just yet.
If you look at title winners a great deal are local guys. Even Amor wasn't really in charge when we won.

I wouldn't mind Tony Vidmar, he's gone out far and wide to learn the trade, Paul Okon is another one. The biggest issue facing OS coaches is adjusting to salary cap conditions.

The owners need to get this one right. They've made the big call, so now show us this vision.

Back