hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
The kit is the absolute antithesis of the "I hope we get bought by Liverpool... Lets play Oasis before the game!" sickness that infested sections of the club and its fanbase a few years back. It is therefore fantastic.
What's wrong with Oasis ?? That's not Liverpool

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Two separate bad things.

Both lame cosplay for eurosnobs.
I don't particularly get songs before games, but it is a football thing for whatever reason.

As for being bought by Liverpool..... I would cease my support for the club instantly

Aug 5, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
I don't particularly get songs before games, but it is a football thing for whatever reason.
It's one of the many weird regional quirks associated with the leagues of a few "real football" countries that get mistaken for global traditions.

The lame pre-game British pop songs that some A-League clubs play pre-game are insincere and cringeworthy (and similar to what people here mock Port Adelaide for. at least they were somewhat original.)

Whereas the stuff last night was way more genuine and engaged with the actual fans and potential fans directly.

Crow_68

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 15, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide

As for being bought by Liverpool..... I would cease my support for the club instantly

Playing in red already makes it a challenge for me to support Adelaide Utd.

Being bought by Liverpool or that other Manchester mob would be the final straw.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
I'm finding it hard to believe that some of you wouldn't buy memberships or support a team anymore purely because of who owns the team?

That's a pissweak excuse to just stop being a member
I have a deep-seated hatred for Liverpool that goes back further even that my support of the Crows. I couldn't bring myself to put that aside.

So you can GAGF, it's not unusual to talk utter garbage on this forum.... This one is right up there though.

brucetiki

Guest of Her Majesty
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
I'm finding it hard to believe that some of you wouldn't buy memberships or support a team anymore purely because of who owns the team?

That's a pissweak excuse to just stop being a member

I dunno - the Thunderbirds were hard to follow when they were sponsored by Port

Apr 22, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
T.Swift Huddersfield Town AUFC
I dunno - the Thunderbirds were hard to follow when they were sponsored by Port
I still supported them though, I still went to games, I never boycotted the team because I didn't like that they were owned by Port.

Does that mean you hate any player that's ever played for a club you "hate" even if they now play for your team?

Now can we laugh at them? 4 conceded in the last 5 minutes or so, down 7-0
Just watched the replay... Victory's defence was shambolic.

Surely that's the end for Brebner who never really wanted the job any way.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
I still supported them though, I still went to games, I never boycotted the team because I didn't like that they were owned by Port.

Does that mean you hate any player that's ever played for a club you "hate" even if they now play for your team?
Exhibit A - James Troisi.

Couldn't stand him before, can't stand him now. You clearly don't understand the level of hatred that people have for Liverpool

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
I'm sorry I don't, may I ask what happened? Was it a culmination of things or a single incident?
Liverpool fans are the reason the term "football hooligans" exist, and to a lesser extent Leeds fans. My grandfather nearly lost his life at the hand of Liverpool "supporters"

Think Victoria Park and Collingwood fans X 1000. They are one of the more arrogant sporting organisations in the world to boot.

Oct 1, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NFC AUFC MUFC Socceroos
Liverpool fans are the reason the term "football hooligans" exist, and to a lesser extent Leeds fans. My grandfather nearly lost his life at the hand of Liverpool "supporters"

Think Victoria Park and Collingwood fans X 1000. They are one of the more arrogant sporting organisations in the world to boot.
And still at it Real Madrid's bus this week

Sep 30, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide

I have a different experience growing up in Aus. Through the 80’s their supporters were like Port supporters. Just picked the team that was winning then giving it large on other clubs, but then followed a similar trajectory in that from 1990 on came largely irrelevant, popping up here and there when they get some good results but ultimately being middle of the road.

Biggest sing when you win fanbase going. At training you used to know if Liverpool had won the week before as it would be a sea of Liverpool shirts worn. If they’d lost, it would be Juventus or Barcelona

Back