chazwazza

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2012
Thebarton
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt Football Club

With the news of the potential new Super League being formed, I'm right behind Neville's comments here.

This has been my argument with the formation of the AFL, that s**t stain VFL clubs got free access, and continue to do so, into a national competition has always been a disgrace and always will be.

brucetiki

Guest of Her Majesty
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
Sounds like it's now soccer's term for a WSC/Rugby Super League war.

WSC was ultimately for the benefit of cricket, while the NRL has never fully recovered from the Super League war. It's going to be interesting to see how this ends up - but it's going to be messy and ugly either way.

Oct 1, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NFC AUFC MUFC Socceroos
Sounds like it's now soccer's term for a WSC/Rugby Super League war.

WSC was ultimately for the benefit of cricket, while the NRL has never fully recovered from the Super League war. It's going to be interesting to see how this ends up - but it's going to be messy and ugly either way.

Badly, this is a disgrace and an utter joke.

Apr 22, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
T.Swift Huddersfield Town AUFC
What happens when they ban the 12 teams from their domestic competition and players from representing their national teams.

Will these clubs die or will players not care as long as they're being paid mega coin?

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
What happens when they ban the 12 teams from their domestic competition and players from representing their national teams.

Will these clubs die or will players not care as long as they're being paid mega coin?
I'd say they won't care, and it'll take HUGE balls to ban any of these clubs. Balls I just don't see anyone having, the TV rights losses of not having clubs like these in your league would be enormous

Oct 20, 2015
In a Galaxy Far, Far Away
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool

Id say this will fall over before it gets to that. These clubs have badly misread both their own fans and the administrations desire for punishment

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Id say this will fall over before it gets to that. These clubs have badly misread both their own fans and the administrations desire for punishment
It's been talked about for decades.

I reckon they'll give it 1 go.

It's been talked about for decades.

I reckon they'll give it 1 go.
And if it falls on its arse after one season, all of the clubs who agreed to join should start again right from the bottom of their respective football pyramids.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Looks like Mourinho has told the Spurs owners to jog on.
Granted he hasn't done super well with them, but to sack him the week before they have a chance at winning a trophy..... Levy is a moron.

Apr 22, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
T.Swift Huddersfield Town AUFC
Fans of the big 6 can come and join me as a Huddersfield Town fan, it's a bloody roller coaster the highs are so much better and the lows are down right depressing, than a team finishing in the top half of the Premier League every week.

ContrarianCrow

All Australian
Aug 31, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Fans of the big 6 can come and join me as a Huddersfield Town fan, it's a bloody roller coaster the highs are so much better and the lows are down right depressing, than a team finishing in the top half of the Premier League every week.

They're also welcome to become a Norwich fan - promotion every 2nd season!

Oct 16, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide
Tottenham - not sure 50 years without winning a title qualifies you as a big club????

Their delusions of grandeur remind me of a certain Alberton based club....

I reckon their fans will be annoyed that they let Jose Mourinho walk...if he was good at one thing it was keeping Spurs out of Europe

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
So super league is US sports people trying to make European Sport suited to their cash flow.

I reckon it's going to be a huge winner, those clubs that join are going to be even more massive in a decade
I mean despite the fact it's a closed competition that you don't have to earn the right to compete in.... Sure.

It's greed, pure and simple.

I genuinely wish a Super League for the AFL breaks out in my lifetime. I can see it potentially happening but maybe another 30-40 years from now.

Its just ridiculous the size of the current competition, its too little talent spread over too many teams.

Crows, Port, Eagles, Freo, NT, Canberra, QLD, Syd, Tassie and 4 teams from Victoria.

Jul 27, 2004
Las Vegas
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
I mean despite the fact it's a closed competition that you don't have to earn the right to compete in.... Sure.

It's greed, pure and simple.
Sure, it's greed. But that doesn't mean it won't work.

Look at the AFL? Or on a bigger scale the NBA, NFL, MLB, IPL

I mean they don't seem to be struggling for fans or money, all closed comps

Back