hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
We shouldn't be starting Juric ahead of Yengi.

Was the festival of the cards tonight as Beath got over zealous.

Lucky to get a point thanks to VAR.
That's Beath for you, he's a flog.

Juric is an enigma, always looks like scoring but never does

Couldn't have happened to a nicer side mind you, they've got so much scum in that side
And are as soulless as it gets. It was a huge mistake that they were admitted to the league at all.

Aug 5, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
I can never tell if Western United are harshly treated by the commentators consciously calling them 'Western' to highlight how ridiculous the name is. Or if this is infact revealing how willingly AFL media capitulated to the equally ridiculous "Western Bulldogs".

Jun 30, 2014
The Winchester
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, East Side Hawks
Goodwin looks like he's trying to put together a highlights reel that'll get him to Europe instead of doing the team thing
Bollocks. He’s genuinely got us to the position we are since on loan. Absolute match winner and deserves a chance in Europe.

Apr 22, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
T.Swift Huddersfield Town AUFC
Interesting. I’ve never been of the opinion Adelaide United play selfish
We haven't been a team who has in the past, but I certainly think over the last few weeks when things have gotten tough we haven't always done the easy cut back, the easy pass or the easy cross in. Almost as if we're trying too hard to score the perfect goal

Jun 30, 2014
The Winchester
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, East Side Hawks
We haven't been a team who has in the past, but I certainly think over the last few weeks when things have gotten tough we haven't always done the easy cut back, the easy pass or the easy cross in. Almost as if we're trying too hard to score the perfect goal
Well it’s coming to th narrow end- Let’s not be Tottenham

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Offered stuff all for two weeks running.
Not sure what’s happening inside the club but we look terrible at the moment.
Kids running out of gas, senior guys not performing.

Veart drives them hard ala Kurz and it probably doesn't resonate with players these days.

Stepover

Team Captain
Oct 2, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Kids running out of gas, senior guys not performing.

Veart drives them hard ala Kurz and it probably doesn't resonate with players these days.

Trust me Veart doesn’t drive them hard, & his greatest trait is his ability to communicate and relate to players, especially the younger ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Trust me Veart doesn’t drive them hard, & his greatest trait is his ability to communicate and relate to players, especially the younger ones.

Mate he drives them hard, but you're right he's very good on communication. Does stick up for his players well in the media too.

I think it's just a midseason slump.

Stepover

Team Captain
Oct 2, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Depends on what you call driving them hard, he is very much about system & structure, and is very clear in communicating it, I wouldn’t call that driving them hard.
The animation you see on the sidelines is not what you would see behind closed doors, he is a very measured communicator.
Btw, although he is about structure, he also allows players to express themselves.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Depends on what you call driving them hard, he is very much about system & structure, and is very clear in communicating it, I wouldn’t call that driving them hard.
The animation you see on the sidelines is not what you would see behind closed doors, he is a very measured communicator.
Btw, although he is about structure, he also allows players to express themselves.

Spot on.

I still think it's a flat patch, and I'll be honest I didn't expect to play finals this season. Lopez back in a week or 2 will make a difference.

Stepover

Team Captain
Oct 2, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Spot on.

I still think it's a flat patch, and I'll be honest I didn't expect to play finals this season. Lopez back in a week or 2 will make a difference.

Yes agree, is a flat patch.
I think they are missing Jakobson, Mauk possibly carrying a niggle, & last night should have substituted Juric earlier.
WU were very compact, Juric is not the type of player to be inventive in tight spaces or get in behind the defense.
Mind you WU played a 10 man game to perfection.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Yes agree, is a flat patch.
I think they are missing Jakobson, Mauk possibly carrying a niggle, & last night should have substituted Juric earlier.
WU were very compact, Juric is not the type of player to be inventive in tight spaces or get in behind the defense.
Mind you WU played a 10 man game to perfection.

Tomi is the hustling type, similar but more talented than Bruce was. It was Goodwin who probably needed to step up, he's the one who holds all the keys

Stepover

Team Captain
Oct 2, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Tomi is the hustling type, similar but more talented than Bruce was. It was Goodwin who probably needed to step up, he's the one who holds all the keys

Goodwin is the most important player in the team. With WU’s deep defensive line , he didn’t get the opportunity to run at them, nor find space behind them.
Last night we were also exposed in not having a truly creative #10, which potentially would help Goodwin in unlocking the defense last night.
For the most part though he has been the single most influential player for AU since he returned.
Simplistically , last night, AU’s ball movement and transition was way way too slow.

Apr 22, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
T.Swift Huddersfield Town AUFC
Once again we lack creativity in the midfield, we need a proper number 10, our plan is to go wide every time, if the oppo play a compact 442 and press up on Strain and Halloran our Avenue to goal during open Play is almost non existent

Remove this Banner Ad

Back