Competitions Football season - No Crowds Round 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Norman Swan has been doing a commendable job for the ABC giving quality medical advice (as opposed to the conflicting drivel from the mouths of the federal and state chief medical officers) and he just mentioned that there's people in their 30's and 40's on ventilator's in Italy who have NONE of the illnesses which were thought to make them vulnerable.

The Italians have absolutely no idea why people in this age group are requiring ventilators, prior to Covid they were perfectly healthy. Very worrying development considering how stretched ICU's are already likely to be.

There are plenty of people in their 30s and 40s who are asthmatics, diabetics or have other medical complications from recent operations/treatments. Perhaps with the lack of medical devices leading to the decision to prioritise only the 'young', ie under 60, means ir seems like a higher proportion of 'young' people are in need of serious medical attention. So I am not sure it is a "new development" or a statistical anomaly. Not sure Korea, which is testing at the highest rate in the world outside China I believe, has reported many serious cases for the age group you are referring to.

A flag this year will still be way less tainted than
*dank flags
*salarycap flags
*20-8 flags aka umpire BJs

but will it be less tainted than our 2019 flag against the worst interstate opponent ever and the weakest group of teams of all time?

There are plenty of people in their 30s and 40s who are asthmatics, diabetics or have other medical complications from recent operations/treatments. Perhaps with the lack of medical devices leading to the decision to prioritise only the 'young', ie under 60, means ir seems like a higher proportion of 'young' people are in need of serious medical attention. So I am not sure it is a "new development" or a statistical anomaly. Not sure Korea, which is testing at the highest rate in the world outside China I believe, has reported many serious cases for the age group you are referring to.

I believe his concern was that they didn’t have asthma, diabetes or ANY of the pre-existing conditions which were considered to make people more vulnerable. They’re a mystery which is getting access to ventilators ahead of practically everybody else due to the triage situation whereby those with the best chance of survival get treated first.

I believe his concern was that they didn’t have asthma, diabetes or ANY of the pre-existing conditions which were considered to make people more vulnerable. They’re a mystery which is getting access to ventilators ahead of practically everybody else due to the triage situation whereby those with the best chance of survival get treated first.

Seems NSW has similarly seen the largest confirmwed numbers in the 40-50 age bracket. So my theory is people in this age bracket are out and about living life normally, while younger people are too, but they aren't getting any symptoms. Older people like me are bunkering down.

Seems NSW has similarly seen the largest confirmwed numbers in the 40-50 age bracket. So my theory is people in this age bracket are out and about living life normally, while younger people are too, but they aren't getting any symptoms. Older people like me are bunkering down.
I'd also assume the 40-50 demographic would be the ones with a more relaxed attitude and concern for it.
Millennials and GenZers appear to be in the biggest panic camp.

I'd also assume the 40-50 demographic would be the ones with a more relaxed attitude and concern for it.
Millennials and GenZers appear to be in the biggest panic camp.
At least the climate change debate has changed ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah

They should just keep dying at work for near min wage

Min wage? Lmao

I went to uni for 6 years and im earning a third of what my cousins on the tools are earning

"Traffic controllers" are on 100k+ hahahah

Min wages my ass

Min wage? Lmao

I went to uni for 6 years and im earning a third of what my cousins on the tools are earning

"Traffic controllers" are on 100k+ hahahah

Min wages my ass

Commerical air line chaps are on pretty low money are they not?

Air traffic controllers is a quite important job...

How much do train drivers make? Like the one who died at work recently make...

Commerical air line chaps are on pretty low money are they not?

Air traffic controllers is a quite important job...

How much do train drivers make? Like the one who died at work recently make...

Air traffic controllers should be on double whatever they are on...

Dont compare them to the 4 guys/girls at each roadwork site holding paddles and taking breaks every 15 mins getting 100k. Ridiculous.

Also yes train drivers deserve more, no arguments there

Air traffic controllers should be on double whatever they are on...

Dont compare them to the 4 guys/girls at each roadwork site holding paddles and taking breaks every 15 mins getting 100k. Ridiculous.

Also yes train drivers deserve more, no arguments there

What are paddles? I hear stop signs people are not allowed breaks for up to 6/7/8 hours... Some resort to peeing in a bottle...

The ones that are well paid generally work at night on highways. Highly dangerous. They die often at work. Especially in QLD...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back