Competitions Football season - No Crowds Round 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Our club and Carlton are in the worst position for this,one of our players gets the virus from playing in front of a big crowd,bang,the season is suspended and the other clubs get off scott free.

It’s good for the AFL if our club gets the virus,brings the other teams back in.

I reckon we suspend the comp until all the s**t settles down,then we will be giddy with excitement and 100k will get to see us unfurl the flag instead of 65k,many who may get crook.

Last edited:

It sucks that we’re probably going to lose a season with our list primed to win another flag. It’s even worse for someone like Geelong who signed Jenkins and Steven to have one last shot at a flag this year, they’re completely ****ed now

Season will be postponed absolutely no doubt. Especially now a player has tested positive. Our club will be quarantined

that is a really interesting point.

Wonder how much the intensity of a game is influenced by the crowd / noise involvement.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking! How much did the players say the crowd gave them a lift during the 2017 finals!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It sucks that we’re probably going to lose a season with our list primed to win another flag. It’s even worse for someone like Geelong who signed Jenkins and Steven to have one last shot at a flag this year, they’re completely f’ed now
I don’t imagine the whole season will be lost however I’m losing confidence it will be a 22 game fixture
With our biased draw if we only play oppo once it will indeed favour the top sides rather than penalise them as it means we wont be returning v top4 oppo

Wonder if they’d consider a change to the fixture for example if the first 4 rounds were lost throwing a few mid week games in here and there to still have 22 rounds, it’d take some list management and a lot of second tier players playing and stars resting etc.
Would never happen but it’d be bloody interesting watching clubs manage it.

Wonder if they’d consider a change to the fixture for example if the first 4 rounds were lost throwing a few mid week games in here and there to still have 22 rounds, it’d take some list management and a lot of second tier players playing and stars resting etc.
Would never happen but it’d be bloody interesting watching clubs manage it.

push the Grand Final back 2 weeks play during the byes. Simplezzz

push the Grand Final back 2 weeks play during the byes. Simplezzz
True. Depends how long it lasts if it happens but it’s really building momentum now.

Wonder why 499 is ok??

They had to get a number from somewhere. Dare say it's to do with the transmission rates and potential impact on the public health system which by all accounts looks as though it's already stretched to the limit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back