Discussion Football (Soccer) Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh I know, not on that scale though.

Most Aussie sports fans are pretty jovial even with opposition fans. The A league here has a few dickheads but it's like they are trying to act like overseas fans and their hearts aren't in it.

Not backing up the English but you are insane if you don’t believe this would have happened in Italy if England had won.

European soccer is flooded with this, especially from the larger nations. Obviously England have to take the heat here for their fans but I can guarantee Italians would have given the same treatment if they were the home team.

The biggest surprise to me is that people are shocked by English soccer fans. They are some of the most feral supporters anywhere. I still remember taking English guys to the footy back in the 90s and them shitting themselves because the supporters were from both sides mixed in. They thought that that would have lead to riots in the UK.

I went to watch Galatasaray play in Turkey about 15 years ago, got patted down on the way in, sat in the cheap seats with the ultras, constant noise all through the game. We got up and left with 5 minutes to go when the riot police filed all across the front of the stand - full gear, face shields, batons, tear gas, etc. Just a regular game.

Not backing up the English but you are insane if you don’t believe this would have happened in Italy if England had won.

European soccer is flooded with this, especially from the larger nations. Obviously England have to take the heat here for their fans but I can guarantee Italians would have given the same treatment if they were the home team.
Yeah I think it's a football thing. I think there's dickheads supporting every team. And this has been going on for years, only need to look back to disasters like Heysel in '85 and Hillsborough in '89. Granted not from angry fans (H'boro 89) but moreso the general riot nature of football fans.

Andrés Escobar another completely stupid incident.

I went to watch Galatasaray play in Turkey about 15 years ago, got patted down on the way in, sat in the cheap seats with the ultras, constant noise all through the game. We got up and left with 5 minutes to go when the riot police filed all across the front of the stand - full gear, face shields, batons, tear gas, etc. Just a regular game.

We watched Hajduk Split in Croatia. About 10000 fans and 500 riot police lining all the roads around the stadium. Water cannon trucks and armoured police Utes. Frisking and metal detectors etc. And it was little regional stadium with a s**t suburban grade match. The flares were more entertaining than the football.There would have been about 100 brave travelling opposition fans, I guess that was who was being protected by the police.

Lol I thought this s**t was photoshopped at first. Just speechless really. How dumb can you be

E6E_MA5UcAUXe1W.jpeg

7 News have since apologised - really the only reason I knew it was actually real.

Looks like the first galactico era at PSG.

Their first 11 is absolutely ludicrous with Messi coming across now.
It's crazy, Ligue 1 will be an absolute walk over, the gap is massive. These transfers to P$G are getting boring now. I still remember Pastore and Levezzi going across, their first "BIG" oil money signing then when Ibra and Silva signed the flood gates opened.

It's crazy, Ligue 1 will be an absolute walk over, the gap is massive. These transfers to P$G are getting boring now. I still remember Pastore and Levezzi going across, their first "BIG" oil money signing then when Ibra and Silva signed the flood gates opened.
The champions league will be a walkover too I reckon. Best side on paper I think I've ever seen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine they don’t though.. lolz4dayz
Only side I think that can challenge them is Man City...but we've all seen an upset or two before so who knows. On paper though they look incredible.

Only side I think that can challenge them is Man City...but we've all seen an upset or two before so who knows. On paper though they look incredible.

The French national team looked amazing on paper in the Euros. Doesn't win you anything. They still have to put it on the pitch.

The French national team looked amazing on paper in the Euros. Doesn't win you anything. They still have to put it on the pitch.
It's the only thing I'm holding out for...in the league and in Europe.

You mean Spurs.
1-0,1-0,1-0.
See the chant at the end?

"Are you watching Harry Kane? Are you watching Harry Kane? Are you watching Harry Kane?"

Huge win...City with $550 million on the park too. What a waste.

I will get to the new stadium at White Hart Lane one day
It's probably the best stadium in world football. Architecture is really special. I got lost looking up at the fans going mental a number of times when the camera would pan behind the keeper for goal kicks. It looks enormous.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back