Discussion Football (Soccer) Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Hahahahaha
For You Kiss GIF by ElevenSportsBE

4am tomorrow (AEST) the Socceroos play UAE in a knockout World Cup qualifier. If we win, we play Peru next week with the winner of that going through to the World Cup. If we lose tomorrow, we are eliminated.

Obscure question but I’ve noticed that, with the exception of Old Trafford, most EPL grounds run in generally a north-south axis: Highbury, White Hart, Stamford Bridge, Goodison, West Ham (Olympic Stadium), Liverpool and City.
Is there a reason or just weird sh1t?

Tomorrow morning at 4am (AEST) Australia play Peru for a place in the World Cup. It's the final match of qualification, so if we lose we're eliminated.

0-0 at half time in the Australia-Peru game.

We're definitely underdogs and even though the game is in Qatar, there's about 20,000 Peruvians that travelled so the place is packed with their supporters. We've made some good chances and honestly looked the most likely side to score first. Making some decent chances down the right hand side. If we can keep it up in the 2nd half and maybe nab a goal I reckon we could hold them off for the win.

This game was going to be two legs but given the COVID situation they've changed it to one. So if it's tied at the end of 90 minutes they'll go to extra time and then penalties. And for comparison on the quality of the two teams, Peru are ranked 22 in the world. Australia are 42nd.

We are lucky to not have conceded in that 2nd half of ET.

Bizarre move taking Ryan off for Redmayne for the shoot-out as this is only Redmayne's 3rd game keeping for Australia. Hoping it doesn't come back to bite us.

On to penalties.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

REDMAYNE DOES IT FOR AUSTRALIA! WE'RE THROUGH TO THE WORLD CUP!

I thought Boyle ****ed it at the start but geez the dancing of Redmayne was enough! Haha

Australia 5-4 Peru

All times are AEST;

WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 23RD, 6:00AM
FIFA WORLD CUP GROUP STAGE - MATCHDAY 1: FRANCE v AUSTRALIA

SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 26TH, 9:00PM
FIFA WORLD CUP GROUP STAGE - MATCHDAY 2: TUNISIA v AUSTRALIA

THURSDAY, DECEMBER 1ST, 2:00AM
FIFA WORLD CUP GROUP STAGE - MATCHDAY 3: AUSTRALIA v DENMARK

Remove this Banner Ad

Back