Discussion Football (Soccer) Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I know Liverpool 2.0 is only getting started, and maybe this says more about me and my mindset nowadays, but I have to admit; this current Liverpool side has much to recommend, great players, style and you can't argue with results

But for joy and enjoyment, it's got nothing on the first 6 Klopp years.

Watching Salah, Firmino and Mané complement each other, supported by Lallana, Shaquiri, Ox, Origi, Cortinho, with Hendo, Fabinho, and Gini running things and Allison and Van Djik obliterating the best strike forces in Europe and England, Trent and Robbo firing in volleys of unstoppable crosses, oh my bloody god it was good. So fast, so intense. Took the best players and managers an oil rich state could buy to stop us winning many more prems imo.

I'm so lucky I got to watch it. I miss the electricity of those teams.

If this team ends up half as fun to watch, I will be stoked.

Just get a load of this as exhibit A

I know Liverpool 2.0 is only getting started, and maybe this says more about me and my mindset nowadays, but I have to admit; this current Liverpool side has much to recommend, great players, style and you can't argue with results

But for joy and enjoyment, it's got nothing on the first 6 Klopp years.

Watching Salah, Firmino and Mané complement each other, supported by Lallana, Shaquiri, Ox, Origi, Cortinho, with Hendo, Fabinho, and Gini running things and Allison and Van Djik obliterating the best strike forces in Europe and England, Trent and Robbo firing in volleys of unstoppable crosses, oh my bloody god it was good. So fast, so intense. Took the best players and managers an oil rich state could buy to stop us winning many more prems imo.

I'm so lucky I got to watch it. I miss the electricity of those teams.

If this team ends up half as fun to watch, I will be stoked.

Just get a load of this as exhibit A

I know where you’re coming from.

Then I look back at that 13/14 squad and remember that was probably as passionate as I ever was about the reds.

Suarez Sturridge leading the line, Gerrard Lucas Coutinho in the middle, Agger Skrtel Johnson Enrique, what a season that was.

If only we had Torres and Suarez playing together in their peak.

I know where you’re coming from.

Then I look back at that 13/14 squad and remember that was probably as passionate as I ever was about the reds.

Suarez Sturridge leading the line, Gerrard Lucas Coutinho in the middle, Agger Skrtel Johnson Enrique, what a season that was.

If only we had Torres and Suarez playing together in their peak.

Yep that was a beauty too. Don't forget the emergence of our young academy player Raheem Sterling and captain in waiting Hendo! What a joy it was to outclass teams like Utd and Arsenal regularly for the first time in a while!

Last edited:

There's a bunch of good sides this season but no great ones. Presumably Man City will again hit their stride in the second half and blow everyone away. Doesn't look to me like Liverpool or Arsenal have what it takes to dominate, so if either win the title it will be because a lot goes right.

How long does Utd stick with Ten Hag? How many managers have they been through since Old Whiskey Nose?

Old Trafford used to be a fortress, now Dom Solanke of lowly Bournemouth is raving about what a great stadium it is to come to: That's a hell of a slap.

Disgraceful. Hope the cnut goes to jail!

Was told about this from a guy at work today. Had to see it to believe it. Utter insanity.

At least he punched him, in South America they would've got the pistol out.

This is going to be huge:

Screenshot 2023-12-18 at 5.56.05 am.png

Top of the table clash, and with Man City out of form both sides need the points to have a serious chance of the title.

From the Arsenal perspective, we aren't conceding many but we can't score consistently, so we'll need some luck here. Liverpool should be solid favourites but really anything can happen in this one.

This is going to be huge:

View attachment 1874008

Top of the table clash, and with Man City out of form both sides need the points to have a serious chance of the title.

From the Arsenal perspective, we aren't conceding many but we can't score consistently, so we'll need some luck here. Liverpool should be solid favourites but really anything can happen in this one.
I think Arsenal will win this. Liverpool are creaking. They have been flaky AF since their league win and are nowhere near champion strength sadly. A few players on that team need to admit they don't have what it takes to take a club back to the top and stop wasting the fans' time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not looking forward to the inevitable Arsenal loss to Liverpool tonight which ends our season.
I saw that loss coming a mile off. Can't beat the top teams like we used to, but at least we're a lot more consistent with the other 17 teams and maybe on reflection that might serve us better.

I saw that loss coming a mile off. Can't beat the top teams like we used to, but at least we're a lot more consistent with the other 17 teams and maybe on reflection that might serve us better.

I suspect the result is a lot closer if you have Mo and Szobo and Endo, whereas adding Partey and Jesus and Zinchenko doesn't make that much difference for us. Still can't see us winning the title and probably the result was best for Man City overall but it's still good to be in the hunt.

Probably the result was best for Man City overall.
happy parks and recreation GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back