VFL Footscray 2022 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

My take, reading between the lines of Edge's summary and looking at the stats (but having only seen the Khamis highlights reel, none of the match):

=====================================================================================

Conclusion - I wouldn't mind if any of the following got picked some time soon: Crozier, West, Khamis, Cleary.
Nice call dw, even if I do say so myself.

All four in the 26. Khamis straight into the 22.

=====================================================================================

Conclusion - I wouldn't mind if any of the following got picked some time soon: Crozier, West, Khamis, Cleary.
Nice call dw, even if I do say so myself.

All four in the 26. Khamis straight into the 22.
Now three out of the four are playing in the starting 22 after just two weeks. I'm on a roll.

Crozier to get picked next week! :D

Raak is such a confusing player. Listed as 6’3 but when you see him on the park he’s the size of a mid and so thin across the chest. Where do we see him playing? He will never be big enough to compete as a KPP. Is he the Wood type defender? I don’t see it with him yet. Coming from a long way back and kind of understand why the club were so hesitant to put him on the list. Big time tweener it seems.

He definitely has the ability to intercept, but doesn't have the high leap of a Wood. Main areas of concern is he's rather poor 1 on 1 and needs to improve defensively. I would like to see him trialed on a wing at some stage. He's a good kick and finds the ball easy enough.

He’s been named on a HFF this week. Maybe an acknowledgment of his 1:1 limitations in defence?
Or are they just seeing if they can repeat the success they had with Buku as a 2nd/3rd tall forward?

He definitely has the ability to intercept, but doesn't have the high leap of a Wood. Main areas of concern is he's rather poor 1 on 1 and needs to improve defensively. I would like to see him trialed on a wing at some stage. He's a good kick and finds the ball easy enough.
Have never seen him play , how is his pace? Or is he more of a plodder?

He’s been named on a HFF this week. Maybe an acknowledgment of his 1:1 limitations in defence?
Or are they just seeing if they can repeat the success they had with Buku as a 2nd/3rd tall forward?
Never look at named positions. It means nothing.

I see Fin Macrae is still in the twos for Collingwood. Did we manage to avoid the dud brother for once? Or is he still coming along OK?

He did play 9 senior games last year but doesn't seem to have been a high possession gatherer.

Perhaps his ball use might be better utilized up the field? He's also competing against quite few that play similar roles to him in the back line.

He probably should be tried in a few different positions.

I see Fin Macrae is still in the twos for Collingwood. Did we manage to avoid the dud brother for once? Or is he still coming along OK?

He did play 9 senior games last year but doesn't seem to have been a high possession gatherer.
I believe he's only a half-brother, so he's only going to be half as good anyway.

But yes, I'm not seeing a lot from him to get excited about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I believe he's only a half-brother, so he's only going to be half as good anyway.

But yes, I'm not seeing a lot from him to get excited about.
So he'll still get at least 15 possessions every week and 20 on a good week?

Anyone aware of what’s happened to Bailey Vander ( can’t spell his name ), is it an injury? Quite like what I’ve seen of him , a 200 cm kid with some nice skills.

Anyone aware of what’s happened to Bailey Vander ( can’t spell his name ), is it an injury? Quite like what I’ve seen of him , a 200 cm kid with some nice skills.
Hurt his hammy, should be 1-3 weeks

Joel Garner and Ewan Macpherson have put their names in the Mid-Season draft pool

Considering only a handful of teams are taking picks into the draft, I doubt either of them get picked up.
Everyone bar Us, Melb & BL I’m pretty sure, eagles are taking two and potentially other clubs too.

We’d currently have pick 10, pretty pissed we haven’t left a list spot open for it tbh

Need a 2023 thread, someone? :p

In the meantime, I've gathered very little information on list changes ahead of pre-season returning. Footscray has been astonishingly hard to get information on.

View attachment 1580781

We have a tendency to play our cards close to our chest until final list lodgings, pretty frustrating as it would be nice to know if we're giving any kids that missed out in the draft a go.

We have a tendency to play our cards close to our chest until final list lodgings, pretty frustrating as it would be nice to know if we're giving any kids that missed out in the draft a go.
It's been incredibly irritating but not long now until that holy list lodgements!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back