VFL Footscray 2022 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Hello All,

Just an overall thread for people to track the VFL season

Out: Reuben Williams- Werribee

2022 VFL RULES

(All age requirements refer to the player’s age on January 1, 2022)

SALARY CAP

• Increases to $220,000 for VFL standalones and $110,000 for AFL and aligned clubs.
  • Concessions of $10,000 outside the cap allowed for development coaches and $5000 for indigenous coaches.
  • Clubs must pay at least 90 per cent of the cap.
LIST MANAGEMENT

• Primary list consists of all open age players
  • Development lists are made up of two categories:
  • Category A: NAB League or Northern Academy players who are still engaged in the talent pathway program, aged under 22.
  • Category B: Next Generation Academy graduates, alternative sport athletes or indigenous players of any age as long they have not made their VFL debut.
  • VFL standalone clubs can sign any player under 22 to their development list (no NAB League or Academy requirement).
  • VFL standalone clubs have 40 listed players (28 primary, 12 development).
  • AFL and aligned clubs have 30 listed players (15 primary, 15 development including maximum of 13 Category A).
  • Clubs can make a maximum of 16 changes to their list during the home-and-away season (6 primary, 10 development), with any player signed after June 30 needing to play three matches to qualify for the finals.
MATCH SELECTION

• All clubs to field 23 players per match, comprising the following:
  • VFL standalone: A minimum of six under-22 players.
  • AFL and aligned: A minimum of seven under-22 players, including a 23rd man who must be an active 18-19yo player from the club’s development list, an aligned NAB League club or Northern Academy. Under-18 players must be approved by the AFL and a player cannot be named 23rd man more than four times in a season without approval.

Ex-NGA Talent Josh Chatfield training with Footscray
Was part of our training team last year but got a kidney injury

Kicked 21 goals in 8 games in the BFNL

Young fella from down my home way Jamieson Ballantyne training with the 'scray. Not sure if that means he's a possibiity to be picked up or whether it's just a training thing, but should help his draft prospects for '22....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Young fella from down my home way Jamieson Ballantyne training with the 'scray. Not sure if that means he's a possibiity to be picked up or whether it's just a training thing, but should help his draft prospects for '22....
Lol his dad must like a dram!

Not Jon Ballantyne by any chance?

hatescaptcha

Premiership Player
Aug 15, 2009
Truganina
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

For those wondering, here’s a bit about him.

IMG_0761.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

AnUltimateRessie
Some extra details in this thread

Some very nice pickups in this thread that I missed.

Josh Chatfield will be very, very handy. I have been tracking him in local leagues for a little bit now.

Apologies though, I didn't realise this thread existed and should have posted in here. Perhaps it could be moved in here by a moderator (I don't think I can do it myself??? bigfooty rookie!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back