VFL Footscray 2023 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

And Gallagher also lifted that quarter. Showing a bit but still a little way off. Joel Garner is a sold fella!

I have strong doubts on Clarke, but he has had a few nice moments with 4 or 5 score involvements.
Seems to be doing the team things
Laid a good shepherd for Hannan but Mitch fumbled the ball.

I have strong doubts on Clarke, but he has had a few nice moments with 4 or 5 score involvements.
He's tracking along at the same pace as Arty Jones imo.

Clarke has shown more glimpses of natural talent this game imo. A few side steps and leads.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very poor third quarter - started to lose defensive shape and lot of lazy over the head handballs. Hannan probably our best that quarter. Has lifted and looked good.

Darcy played a fair chunk in ruck and was OK. Looks super dangerous when forward.

Most other AFL players appeared to have ‘gone the square shot’! (fallen down a wombat hole). Don’t expect the coach will be happy.

A few really poor disposals have gifted them goals. Real cue in the rack stuff. Should be about sending a message to the MC.

Bose for them best player by miles but also young blond fella looks special and Phoenix Spicer (what a name) looking like he might be something.

We've had a very weak team for most of the year. Arguably we're stronger today than for most of the year. Our record looks better cause we've managed to win a few close games while getting smashed in the losses.

But this Footscray team should be top 4 not languishing at 2-6.
We’ve won very, very few 3rd or 4th quarters this year. Tend to start well then fall off a cliff in the second half. The worst one was against Brisbane (who are undefeated). We were up by 30 at quarter time and then produced this effort to finish:
IMG_7436.jpeg

Clarke is clever, has something, would be happy with him as a 3rd rounder or late pick
Seemed a little underpaced and/or undersized for a first rounder, havent changed my opinion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back