VFL Footscray 2023 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Zgope1

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Spot on mate, it’s one of those bigfooty myths that gets spread as truth. He’s literally explosive over the first few steps, probably slows down a bit over distance but that’s neither here nor there, he needs to play in & around the contest.

Good athletic profile with an elite leap and agility too, endurance has never been there yet but it’s finally getting to the level required.

He’s such a high impact player, I really do rate him highly I know I’ve copped a bit on here over the years for that opinion, but he’s a really solid B grade talent IMO
He’s special. Possibly better than b grade. Has some elite traits

When the ball approaches him and an opponent, I always fear for the opponent. On the deck but even in the air too. He’s got every trick in the book. Well-timed bumps, leaps, and slaps on the arm.

I watched him track a ground ball yesterday behind his opponent in the centre square. Rhylee smacked the blokes arm at the perfect time, destabilised him and ran off with it.

He’s my new favourite player

LardDog

All Australian
Sep 22, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Anyone know when/where next weeks vdl game is? My google fu has failed. The Afl site is useless.

Sent from my SM-A725F using Tapatalk

Charlie Bucket

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Haven’t watched any VFL in the last couple of months. Can anyone share where Busslinger’s game is at?

Is he a genuine chance for Rd 1 next year or is that wishful thinking?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here we go dogs

Club Legend
Sep 17, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Haven’t watched any VFL in the last couple of months. Can anyone share where Busslinger’s game is at?

He’s improved out of sight.

However I am worried about his speed and agility. He Could get exposed at afl level, especially early on.

HK_Bulldog

Club Legend
Oct 6, 2001
NSW
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I think West has elite decision-making. Just knows what to do with the ball and where to run. From my standpoint, areas he could improve are endurance and trying to do too much (having brain farts). I also think he should adjust to be a little more outside. He’s going to have a short career trying to be a battering ram at his size. At the moment, he is an almost player to me. Has the attack of Clay Smith with better disposal. But Clay got a lot more of the ball. West has Tony Greene traits as well but doesn’t appear to have his concentration and ability to stay in the game all game.

doggies ftw

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 22, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
He’s special. Possibly better than b grade. Has some elite traits

When the ball approaches him and an opponent, I always fear for the opponent. On the deck but even in the air too. He’s got every trick in the book. Well-timed bumps, leaps, and slaps on the arm.

I watched him track a ground ball yesterday behind his opponent in the centre square. Rhylee smacked the blokes arm at the perfect time, destabilised him and ran off with it.

He’s my new favourite player
Yeah he does the little things remarkably well, I hope we can find him some midfield time next year because I’m pretty worried he could be offered minutes elsewhere that he’d jump at.

Zgope1

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Yeah he does the little things remarkably well, I hope we can find him some midfield time next year because I’m pretty worried he could be offered minutes elsewhere that he’d jump at.
He is the best forward out of VDM, Garcia, McNeill, Scott and Arty (for now) so I do predict he’ll rotate forward and mid. The midfield time just HAS to increase though. I dare say one of he and libba has to be in every clearance when both are healthy next year and if not then slaps for the coach

doggies ftw

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 22, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
He is the best forward out of VDM, Garcia, McNeill, Scott and Arty (for now) so I do predict he’ll rotate forward and mid. The midfield time just HAS to increase though. I dare say one of he and libba has to be in every clearance when both are healthy next year and if not then slaps for the coach
Yeah don’t get me wrong I really rate him forward too and still want to see him up there, but yeah like you said the midfield time just has to increase.

It really pissed me off that he didn’t see any midfield time especially after Libba went down in the Hawks or WCE game, just mindboggling to be honest. But finally we saw it in the last round of the year, hopefully Bevo finaaaally learned that he actually has a good young midfield Bull on his hands, and we’ll start to see an expanded role next year.

Just saw your post in the other thread but yes expanding West, Baz and possibly Garcias roles next year is crucial - all young guys with a bit of toe and more importantly grunt. These guys stepping up to support the top liners in Bont, Libba & Treloar is a great mix, we’ve played it so scared and safe in the last 2 years with Bont, Libba & Adzy playing 90% midfield.

We need to change it up, it’s all well and good to say the talents not there but it may well just be if given the chance.

Zgope1

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Yeah don’t get me wrong I really rate him forward too and still want to see him up there, but yeah like you said the midfield time just has to increase.

It really pissed me off that he didn’t see any midfield time especially after Libba went down in the Hawks or WCE game, just mindboggling to be honest. But finally we saw it in the last round of the year, hopefully Bevo finaaaally learned that he actually has a good young midfield Bull on his hands, and we’ll start to see an expanded role next year.

Just saw your post in the other thread but yes expanding West, Baz and possibly Garcias roles next year is crucial - all young guys with a bit of toe and more importantly grunt. These guys stepping up to support the top liners in Bont, Libba & Treloar is a great mix, we’ve played it so scared and safe in the last 2 years with Bont, Libba & Adzy playing 90% midfield.

We need to change it up, it’s all well and good to say the talents not there but it may well just be if given the chance.
Agree mate. In support of your criticisms of Bevo, maybe not playing West in the midfield more in those hawks and eagles games cost us a spot in the finals. Pretty spot on

May 30, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Bruins, Boston Celtics
Agree mate. In support of your criticisms of Bevo, maybe not playing West in the midfield more in those hawks and eagles games cost us a spot in the finals. Pretty spot on
Not playing him at all and having him wallow in the 2s was a failure also.

glenashley

Club Legend
Apr 26, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Am I right in saying if we get up this week it's a prelim against gold coast away?

Can't see box hill now being on the same side of the prelim draw as Werribee given they played in the qualifying.

Optimistic Dog

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

At this stage O'Donnell looks more like pick 13 and Busslinger a category B rookie. Got a steal with JOD may have missed out with Busslinger but still early may bloom next season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back