VFL Footscray 2023 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

For Fxxx sake still no information on the Footscray match last week wake up footy department.

Footscray 3.2 7.6 13.7 18.11 (119)
Casey Demons
3.1 4.1 4.4 7.6 (48)
Goals: FOOTSCRAY: McComb 3, West, Sweet, Garner 2, McNeil, Clarke, Sullivan, Goater, Harris, Macpherson, Patullo, Ballantyne, Young. CASEY: Schache 3, Moniz-Wakefield 2, Jordan, Smith

Footscray 3.2 7.6 13.7 18.11 (119)
Casey Demons
3.1 4.1 4.4 7.6 (48)
Goals: FOOTSCRAY: McComb 3, West, Sweet, Garner 2, McNeil, Clarke, Sullivan, Goater, Harris, Macpherson, Patullo, Ballantyne, Young. CASEY: Schache 3, Moniz-Wakefield 2, Jordan, Smith
I wouldn’t be against us picking up Garner mid season. Think he deserves another go at afl level.

No Buss or Gallagher on the team sheet for Round 1 - yet not listed on the injury list either.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I understand Buss because we all knew he would be worked back slowly from a serious surgery but Gallagher is incredibly frustrating. We haven’t heard a single piece of info on him.

I understand Buss because we all knew he would be worked back slowly from a serious surgery but Gallagher is incredibly frustrating. We haven’t heard a single piece of info on him.
Apparently Gallagher is on light duties at the moment. No idea why

Good to see Clarke named. Interested to see how he goes. Obviously missing a few, like Busslinger, Jones, Bedendo, Gallagher, but solid side otherwise.

Hopefully they repeat last weeks strong performance in the opener.

Lengthy list of outs given it's so early in the season. Probably missing 5-6 guys that would be playing AFL this weekend. Do we even have a genuine KPP in the VFL squad this weekend other than Sweet?

Not playing in either side this weekend:
Treloar
Lobb
Weightman
Gardner
A Jones
Vandermeer
R Smith
O'Brien
Busslinger
Bedendo
Gallagher

Do we even have a genuine KPP in the VFL squad?

That was my worry about the team in general. Granted Bruce will likely get bumped back once Gardiner is fit. But I am not familiar with a few of the new faces in the team. Do we have any big bodied forwards and defenders to take the pressure off our developing talls?

Not sure you want Busslinger getting the number one forward every single week. Yeah he will learn a little man on man. But he is more of a skinny intercepting type. Don't want to see him denied playing to his strengths, whilst being physically worn down.

Lengthy list of outs given it's so early in the season. Probably missing 5-6 guys that would be playing AFL this weekend. Do we even have a genuine KPP in the VFL squad this weekend other than Sweet?

Not playing in either side this weekend:
Treloar
Lobb
Weightman
Gardner
A Jones
Vandermeer
R Smith
O'Brien
Busslinger
Bedendo
Gallagher
One quarter of our list, near enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After seeing how bad Tomlinson was last night and given May is out, its surprising Schache is not given a go, they must have his papers stamped already

After seeing how bad Tomlinson was last night and given May is out, its surprising Schache is not given a go, they must have his papers stamped already

I presume they brought him across to play forward/ruck for when Gawn or Grundy are unavailable, so it'll be interesting if they bring him in next week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back