2nds Footscray Bulldogs 2019 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

My biggest fear with lipinski is that he will be a good state league player but unable to translate form into the AFL.

He is still very raw though

https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2019-03-26/prudden-to-lead-footscray

Prudden to lead Footscray

Mar 26, 2019 2:59PM

VFL pre-season update

VFL Coach Daniel Giansiracusa gives an update on the VFL pre-season.

529792-tlslargeportrait.jpg

Josh Prudden has been named as VFL captain for the 2019 Hard Yakka/Totally Workwear VFL season. (Photo: AFL Media)

Josh Prudden has been named captain of the Footscray Bulldogs ahead of the 2019 Hard Yakka/Totally Workwear VFL season.

After being a co-captain in 2017, Prudden will guide a leadership group of four, including Josh Wallis, Liam Nash and Bradley Olsson.

Footscray Bulldogs VFL coach Daniel Giansiracusa said that Prudden was an obvious choice for the role, after his leadership shown throughout the 2018 season.

“Josh is an incredible leader both on and off the field, as he showed throughout his co-captaincy role in 2018,” Giansiracusa told westernbulldogs.com.au

“He is greatly respected amongst the playing group, coaches and staff at the football club and has forged strong relationships within both the VFL and AFL programs over the past seven years.

“I’m looking forward to seeing what Josh, Liam, Brad and Josh can achieve as a leadership group in 2019.”

Following the captaincy announcement, Prudden said that he was grateful to receive the role for the second straight year.

“I’m really looking forward to leading the side throughout the 2019 season alongside Josh, Liam and Brad,” Prudden told westernbulldogs.com.au

“We have a talented group of players who are extremely motivated to achieve success in 2019 and beyond, so I’m incredibly grateful to be able to play alongside our group this season.”

Footscray will open their season against Sandringham at VU Whitten Oval on Friday April 5th at 5pm.

The Footscray Bulldogs’ VFL playing list will be confirmed shortly via westernbulldogs.com.au

2019 VFL list:
Nathan Drummond
Lachlan Farrugia
Ryan Gardner
Gerard Gleeson
Nayef Hamad
JD Hayes
Billy Kanakis
Robbie McComb
Liam Nash
Brad Olsson
Josh Prudden (captain)
Anthony Scott
Tate Short
Lachlan Sullivan
Dillon Viojo-Rainbow
Josh Wallis
Reuben William
Jonah Siverson
Sam Barnett
Lochie Dawson
Cody Henness
Oliver Jackson
Austin Hodge
Aaron Trusler

2019 VFL list:
Nathan Drummond
Lachlan Farrugia
Ryan Gardner
Gerard Gleeson
Nayef Hamad
JD Hayes
Billy Kanakis
Robbie McComb
Liam Nash
Brad Olsson
Josh Prudden (captain)
Anthony Scott
Tate Short
Lachlan Sullivan
Dillon Viojo-Rainbow
Josh Wallis
Reuben William
Jonah Siverson
Sam Barnett
Lochie Dawson
Cody Henness
Oliver Jackson
Austin Hodge
Aaron Trusler

What happened with Kyle Dunkley? Wasn't he going to play with them this year?

What happened with Kyle Dunkley? Wasn't he going to play with them this year?
he's signed up as a rookie but will play majority of the season at Gippsland Power as over ager.

Disappointed no Bruhn or Monfries this year although some of our recruits look pretty handy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quoting someone from WOOF

Qt Dogs 6.5 to 1.0. Probably a 4 goal wind advantage at least, so expect coaches to happy. Trengove playing well and West out of the centre. Lipper on the flank so not as many touches that qtr. Hayes getting it a bit and good to see Dale having a run. Cavarra smaller than I realised and having a bit of trouble getting into it so far. Liked La Young’s qtr - confident coming off his man

Green 2, West, Lynch, Hayes

Don't know who kicked the other one

Quoting someone from WOOF

Qt Dogs 6.5 to 1.0. Probably a 4 goal wind advantage at least, so expect coaches to happy. Trengove playing well and West out of the centre. Lipper on the flank so not as many touches that qtr. Hayes getting it a bit and good to see Dale having a run. Cavarra smaller than I realised and having a bit of trouble getting into it so far. Liked La Young’s qtr - confident coming off his man

Green 2, West, Lynch, Hayes

Don't know who kicked the other one
Not as bullish on Cavarra as the post above.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back