2nds Footscray Bulldogs 2019 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I would like to highlight how well L.Webb has done to get back to just playing football again. He has been in the best last two weeks in the VFL.

I would love to see his form continue and he keeps banging on the door for seniors and the opportunity opens up for him.

Always felt he was first to be dropped when he played seniors and he needs continuity to show what he can offer.

Either way great effort to get back to playing given the severity and the type of injury he had.

Weekend Recap-
Footscray 17.10 112 vs Collingwood 6.4 40

Goal Kickers:
Gardner, Greene, Lynch, Trengove, Webb and West 2
Jong, Lipinski, Scott, R.Smith and Sweet 1

Top Disposals
L.Webb 29 10 marks
J.Trengove 25 8 marks
W.Hayes 24 6 Marks
P.Lipinski 24 3 Marks
B.Williams 24 10 Marks

Weekend Recap-
Footscray 17.10 112 vs Collingwood 6.4 40

Goal Kickers:
Gardner, Greene, Lynch, Trengove, Webb and West 2
Jong, Lipinski, Scott, R.Smith and Sweet 1

Top Disposals
L.Webb 29 10 marks
J.Trengove 25 8 marks
W.Hayes 24 6 Marks
P.Lipinski 24 3 Marks
B.Williams 24 10 Marks
Thanks VD.

Are the Top Disposals shown for just the WB-listed players or did it just work out that way?

Thanks VD.

Are the Top Disposals shown for just the WB-listed players or did it just work out that way?
The VFL app has all the players and stats
I generally do the top 5 players until mid season when i do every players avg etc

The VFL app has all the players and stats
I generally do the top 5 players until mid season when i do every players avg etc
Doesn't quite answer my question but I'm inferring that you looked at all 22 (or 23) players on the weekend and the top 5 disposal winners just happened to be WB listed players.

Doesn't quite answer my question but I'm inferring that you looked at all 22 (or 23) players on the weekend and the top 5 disposal winners just happened to be WB listed players.
Correct

My bad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sweet suspended for 3 weeks for striking.
Sweet. I like a ruckman with some aggro.

Must have been a decent hit to get 3 weeks though. You only get two weeks for aggravated homicide in the seniors these days.

.... or maybe it's just because Richo and Ling weren't there to watch the replay and say "Yeah ... naah, nothing in that. He should be fine".

Sweet get three weeks that means he is made of the right stuff. Get him into senior side.

We need some more players who have that mentality we only have Liber and Zaine and could do with one more.

Last edited:
I would like to highlight how well L.Webb has done to get back to just playing football again. He has been in the best last two weeks in the VFL.

I would love to see his form continue and he keeps banging on the door for seniors and the opportunity opens up for him.

Always felt he was first to be dropped when he played seniors and he needs continuity to show what he can offer.

Either way great effort to get back to playing given the severity and the type of injury he had.
If Dickson, Schache and/or Gowers have bad games again this weekend and Webb performs well again in the VFL surely he has to be selected against Freo?

If Dickson, Schache and/or Gowers have bad games again this weekend and Webb performs well again in the VFL surely he has to be selected against Freo?

Webb
- hasn't played a senior game since rd 13 last year
- has never cemented a best 22 spot
- has played 2 games back at VFL level
- has played his best football as either half back or midfielder

Let him get some continuity at the lower level and build some match fitness

I think Lipinski would be first cab off the rank if we were to replace anyone.

Sweet. I like a ruckman with some aggro.

Must have been a decent hit to get 3 weeks though. You only get two weeks for aggravated homicide in the seniors these days.

.... or maybe it's just because Richo and Ling weren't there to watch the replay and say "Yeah ... naah, nothing in that. He should be fine".

Or maybe its because his name isn't Dangerfield or Cotchin.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back