2nds Footscray Bulldogs VFL 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I only saw the 2nd half, but from what I heard, and then saw, weren’t too many putting their hands up. Jong better for the run, Wallis likewise, Dickson looks a long way off it, Boyd had strapping on his right knee, and looks weeks off the way he was getting around. Don’t know what the knee’s about! Young didn’t do much, but should play in the one’s I’d say. Greene, Lipinsky not much yet, Ed Richards looks like he’s ready to play. Has composure and looks a likely type. Could be a handy replacement for Libba in the middle.

I was at the game today.

From best to worst

Wallis – Our most consistent. Got a lot of it and his ball use was ok. He looks like he’s ready.

Young – Was very good early on, BOG in 1st qtr. Took some good intercepts and was solid throughout the day. His disposal was ok and should come into contention.

Jong – Attacked the contest, won a lot it and tried hard all day. Decision making and disposal was pretty awful though. Still A for effort and should come into contention.

Richards – His ball use again stood out and it’s hard to see him not making it. Still don’t think his fitness levels are there yet, but he probably has to come into contention

Boyd – Played a mixture of fwd/ruck. Got a fair bit of it and played a pretty solid game. Some good signs there, but needs to stay in the 2's for now.

Webb – Solid game, ball use was particularly good. Does need to do more, his intensity and effort was lacking at times. Played mid/fwd.

Greene – Ok game. He has no trouble hitting the scoreboard, with the 3 goals. Be nice if he got more involved defensively and further up the ground.

Redpath – Tried hard, delivery wasn’t great coming into the fwd line. At least tried to impose himself I guess, was a bit undisciplined.

Dickson – Worked really hard defensively. Unlucky not to be rewarded as much offensively, delivery coming in was awful to him. I thought there were some better signs out there today even though he didn’t have a great deal of influence.

Roarke Smith – Improved as game went on, did struggle early on.

Mullenger-McHugh – Played mostly in defence. He’s a nice mark, but needs to continue to work on his positioning and kicking.

Schache – Got around the ground a bit and displayed some good skill. He was a bit uncompetitive in ruck situations, well beaten.

Lipinski – The last two intra club games I’ve been to, the signs haven’t been great. The effort has been a little disappointing and looks way off. Gone backwards.

Porter – Effort was there, disposal not so much

Lynch – Too soft

Collins, Campbell, C Smith didn’t play.

Last edited:
Hey fellas, I'll be heading along to WO this Saturday. Would love to catch up with anyone else that is thinking of going. I'll keep an eye out for a few players as well, anybody in particular for you guys?

Hey fellas, I'll be heading along to WO this Saturday. Would love to catch up with anyone else that is thinking of going. I'll keep an eye out for a few players as well, anybody in particular for you guys?
Boyd and Schache are the obvious ones for us, we're still trying to work out their best position and how they play together.

Boyd and Schache are the obvious ones for us, we're still trying to work out their best position and how they play together.
I would have thought at least one of them would be playing seniors this week after the forward "structure" you guys used against GWS.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back