Footscray football clubs core values and purpose

Remove this Banner Ad

Loo
Great thread some interesting points.

Name doesn’t bother me that much. I can see why they went Western but the simple facts are to date we have not captured the expanding western suburbs.

I’m actually not even sold that the whole geographical issue means anything in regards to supporters. Head to Manchester in England. Most supporter follow city. Head to any other part of England and they follow United. Collingwood are the same, they are Aus wide. Success breads supporters. All those good year for the Hawks paid off.

Yet on the whole survival issue we are up against it with our draw and fixture in terms of exposure / supporters etc. yet its not the main difference

So if you grab an annual report (yes I’m a finance guy) of any of the big clubs they beat us in the usual categories of gate receipts and merchandise yet take a guess where the most revenue is made, especially from Carlton, Hawthorn and Collingwood

You got it, gaming revenue. It’s kept clubs alive in the NRL and will do so in the AFL.

We are behind in this area and it’s by far and away the biggest difference in profit between clubs. It allows other clubs to spend more than us.

Looks like Peter Gordon and the Londonbulldog think alike.

Read the back page on the paper and it the exact point I raised above. Gaming Revenue is the biggest difference between the have and have nots.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back