2nds Footscray V Richmond practice match

Remove this Banner Ad

not to much to report it was a terrible game if thats what our reserves are going to dish up all year then me thinks we are monmtys for the spoon... we were very slow no overlap running, no linking up,, terrible skills ( yes it ws very windy) fumbles, there wer a couple of nice plays ,, but in all honesty the dogies killed us ,, the one thing i ws surprised and dissapointed with was why the brains trust continually play batch as the no 1 key defender,, that should not be his role ,, he is a 3rd tall or 4th tall he gets lost playing on the big forwards,,, liam jones smashed him today,, i will gladly anwser any questions u all may have so fire away............ im just watchng the roos and bombers play cheers guys

Who gets a game next week in your opinion?

not to much to report it was a terrible game if thats what our reserves are going to dish up all year then me thinks we are monmtys for the spoon... we were very slow no overlap running, no linking up,, terrible skills ( yes it ws very windy) fumbles, there wer a couple of nice plays ,, but in all honesty the dogies killed us ,, the one thing i ws surprised and dissapointed with was why the brains trust continually play batch as the no 1 key defender,, that should not be his role ,, he is a 3rd tall or 4th tall he gets lost playing on the big forwards,,, liam jones smashed him today,, i will gladly anwser any questions u all may have so fire away............ im just watchng the roos and bombers play cheers guys
the other thing that amazed me was there were no spare balls behind the goals ... ben darou had to wait several minutes while security guards collected the ball ,, not good enough doggies

Disappointing.

On paper it looked a good team or maybe we just overrate our depth. Practice match or not these players are competing for a spot in next weeks side in the seniors.

Disappointing.

On paper it looked a good team or maybe we just overrate our depth. Practice match or not these players are competing for a spot in next weeks side in the seniors.
yeah not sure if it was the white shorts but most of our boys had huge arses maybe we are not physically ft ,, we are a very very slow team the dogs ran us off our legs

thanks for your contribution. can you evaluate arnot, knights and jackson's game?

thanks for your contribution. can you evaluate arnot, knights and jackson's game?
knigha was one of the few tigers who kicked well was able to find space either to receive a handball or on a lead once he gets full fitness up he should slot strait into the seniors his poise skill and ability to kick goals is well needed,, arnott was hard and tough got a few clerances also took players on and tried to run nd bounce and create like knighta i think he is A FEW weeks away but i think he could be a regular as well,, he seems to have all the tools to make it as a senior just needs a good run with injuries and snag a few games on the run,,, jacko was ok stuggled a bit as was his first hit out ,, but what he did was good like arnott very hard at it wouild love to see kingy jacko and bicky all in the same team

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do Coburg still exist?
They must've liked that, tip em for the flag now we aren't holding them back?
Or did we get on the bus at half time?

Read above that. Several Snr players only played a half, is that because it's a BS praccie, or are nursing injuries?
How about the ' Scray lot? Anyone notice if theirs played out whole game?

Pretty terrible condition with a gale headed towards one end making for a very scrappy game.
Richmond to me don't look any better than Coburg did but I guess the whole point is to play our guys where we want to. As guruisatiger already mentioned skills particularly by the VFL listed players were awful.

Darrou - held his own all day
Batchelor - was given the run around by Jones but once again was asked to play key position. Not his role.
Miles - tough in the clinches but I thought was beaten by Hrovat
Elton - dropped pretty much every mark he went for even though he got first hands at every contest. Had a tough opponent in Talia. His kicking was pretty bad
Lennon - played half back, had a plenty of the ball but his kicking was terrible
Banfield - did nothing
Arnot - our best player imo giving plenty in the stoppages and on the spread
McIntosh - hardly touched it on the wing
Knights - got plenty of it, looked OK. Best 3 with Arnot and Gordon.
Lloyd - only played the 2nd half and barely saw it
Jackson - was OK, played on the ball for 3 quarters.
Stephenson - gave us a contest in the ruck, around the ground had you tearing your hair out at times
McBean - apart from an early goal didn't touch it
Gordon - looked pretty good. played half back/wing in the first half and then deep forward in the 2nd half. Kicking needs work but we all knew that
Williams - looked lost and don't see him going beyond this year
Foley - was very quiet
Luke Conca - is very short

Edwards, King, Helbig and Grimes didn't play

It was very cold

Lennon - played half back, had a plenty of the ball but his kicking was terrible

Ah yes, the recruit gun junior forwards then play them as half backs method continues.

Because we have an abundance of smart classy forwards and not enough HBF'ers..........

baeball-bat-computer.jpg

Ah yes, the recruit gun junior forwards then play them as half backs method continues.

Because we have an abundance of smart classy forwards and not enough HBF'ers..........

baeball-bat-computer.jpg
It's really starting to get on my nerves. I love Dimma but this crazy idea just keeps happening. I just don't get it. Soon Jack will be playing off half back.

They do it to teach the importance if a defensive game... which what all forward players need.

I don't get why people get so upset about kids playing in different spots to where they played as a junior (I do get it with Dusty and Jack though). Its all about learning and 5 years from now. Some of the best CHB's of the last 15 years were KPF, Lake, Lepper, Ried, Chad Cornes and McPharlin. Plus to mention all the forwards and mids who have gone to HBF to dominate, McLeod, Johncock, Davis, Murphy, Deledio, Bowden, Enright, Houli, Burgoyne, Mitchell, Hodge, Shaw, Kennelly, Malceski, Goddard ect...

Plus a few guys like Jake King and Gia who have gone from defenders to be good forwards.

Hardwick has been big about foot skills especially off HBF, McDonough and Lennon are two of our best kicks already and they allow/will allow Deledio, Ellis, Houli (although i am against him moving up the field) and Vlastuin to play more up the ground.

Agree. Maybe it was just the conditions? Will be good to see how he goes next week- hopefully gets a full game in the VFL. Would also like to see him play his position. Half forward rolling through the middle. We have enough half backs.
Probably conditions and also the fact he has been out with a knee injury for a month.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back