VFL Footscray VFL 2020 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Hasn't the VFL season be called off completely?
No, it was postponed until at least May 31 when all other footy was canned in March. The recent announcement this week was around AFL listed players playing in the VFL. So it means that AFL clubs which have aligned VFL clubs will need top ups to replace AFL listed players if a season were to go ahead. I also believe there was a report that some state leagues (may have included VFL) that players would not be paid for playing this year.

It is only a matter of time until it is cancelled, but officially it has yet to be canned for 2020.

With Footscray not taking part in the VFL 2020 season, Anthony Scott has signed with Box Hill Hawks
Hopefully a strong outing helps him get drafted

With Footscray not taking part in the VFL 2020 season, Anthony Scott has signed with Box Hill Hawks
Hopefully a strong outing helps him get drafted
I’ve probably missed something. Is there a partial VFL going ahead this year ... without Footscray?

I’ve probably missed something. Is there a partial VFL going ahead this year ... without Footscray?

From 1 August

No AFL-listed players will take part in the competition but the eight clubs will be Box Hill, Casey, Coburg, Frankston, Port Melbourne, Sandringham, Werribee and Williamstown.

Thought we would have drafted him last year. Would suit our forward line to a tee.
Anthony Scott is the sort of player with "ticker" that we've been talking about in the trades thread.

I think he could make a decent AFL footballer. He won our VFL B&F last year. I'd have him a head of at least a couple on our list right now.

Anthony Scott is the sort of player with "ticker" that we've been talking about in the trades thread.

I think he could make a decent AFL footballer. He won our VFL B&F last year. I'd have him a head of at least a couple on our list right now.
He also laid a good number of tackles.

New recruiter this year so I am hoping for bigger things.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back