Don't look at me like that
- Dec 3, 2009
- AFL Club
- Western Bulldogs
- Other Teams
- Footscray Bulldogs, Williamstown
A development list player has to be 19yo or under and teams have to play one under 19 and one under 23yo player.So what is the difference between primary and development list? Is there a selection requirement of some sort?
- List structures for 2021 will be as follows:
- Non-AFL clubs can list up to 46 players, including 40 x primary listed players and 6 development list players.
- AFL aligned clubs can list up to 36 players, including 30 x primary listed players and 6 x development list players.
- AFL clubs can list up to 30 players, including 24 x primary list players and 6 x development list players.
- An additional rookie list of two players is available to all VFL teams which will include NGA players and players who meet the AFL category B Rookie criteria.
- A father/son rule will be introduced in 2020 which allows a club to list a player whose father played 100 games or more for the club (including AFL and AFL aligned clubs). These players will be listed on a club’s development list.
I'd say that most of the development list that we've nominated are probably technically on the primary list
edit: Granted these are 2020 rules so I don't know if they were changed or not.