Footscray VFL 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Rance struggled with the ball in hand but was super competitive straight away.

Young just doesn’t have the hardness or edge required to play in that position.
Yes, this is the concern.

Still ... people are saying Schache is starting to find a bit more physicality, so why not Young?

Schache appears to have a huge tank. Haynes is now playing on the wing and doing very well floating back taking uncontested marks. Could Schache play on the wing. Could be very use at both ends of the ground, has a high footy IQ and great skills. Not overly quick but the positives might outweigh the negatives here from a team perspective. Would be handy competing in the air in the back half helping out our vulnerable talls down back. Could be a very valuable player as he can pinch hit in ruck and of course play forward.

I think adding West into he seniors is a no brainer

Can have small bursts in the midfield to let other rest forward.

Can’t see how he doesn’t add more than Scott or McNeil I honestly can’t
McNeil has pace would be the obvious but I agree West is more than capable

West and Lipinski too good for that level.

Garcia and khamis impressive. Garcia looks a small mid, but id take him as a small forward over McNeil right now.

I want a small forward in the seniors so bad, but it’s not Cavarra the more I see of him. Looks a VFL level guy.

Weightman will benefit so much from a full VFL season. Needs to study Toby Greene. Nice talent.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Weight man seems to have the touch of magic, he certainly needs more time but he does have the ability to get the ball quick to his boot under pressure and do some clever knock ons

Lipinski and West would make best 22 in at least 15 or 16 teams. McNeil and Scott would lucky to make best 22 in 2 teams if that. Bevo selection make no sense.

West has never been given a 6 game run like Scott and that is just criminal. Garcia looks very good but his disposal by foot worries me a little. He is young and has played next to no footy for 2 years so I think this should improve. Prefer him to both Mcneil and Scott already. Khamis also is due and looks very good. I know he is not overly tall but could be the best option between Young, Gardner and Cordy. Love to see him given a chance or maybe a Ryan Gardner run of games but doubt that. I really think Bevo wants Gards back so will not give any of the others a decent chance to cement their place, even though all 3 are just as good if not better.

West will get his go and it’s easier to stay in a side that’s winning that would be the simple explanation. Scott plays prim defensive roles which is not West or Lipnskis strength

I’ve cooled on Garcia playing the small fwd role. Not doubting he’ll play well there and could come in this season for a few games in that role but, watching him again last night I think he’ll be the Libba replacement when he hangs up the boots.
Absolute bull on the inside and can also create when he works his way to the outside. Not overly quick runner but his reaction time is quick and he makes good decisions.

Not sure what his numbers were like last night but last week he had 24, 8 tackles and 8 clearances. Big numbers for a guy that’s only played a handful of games the last few years.
We’ve got a very very good player in Garcia!!

West will get his go and it’s easier to stay in a side that’s winning that would be the simple explanation. Scott plays prim defensive roles which is not West or Lipnskis strength
Not sure we need any prim defenders. I like them with a bit of mongrel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Champion Data has uploaded the missing stats from the first eight minutes of the third quarter and the final stats and ranking points are below.

Lipinski finished with a very impressive 40 disposals, 11 clearances, 6 inside 50s, 1 goal and 2 score assists. West 29 disposals, 9 marks (3 contested), 3 goals and 2 score assists.

Screen Shot 2021-04-23 at 6.23.46 pm.png

Ranking Points
156 - West
141 - Lipinski
128 - Sweet
118 - Hayes
109 - Sullivan
102 - Cavarra
100 - Ugle-Hagan
92 - McComb
91 - Butler
89 - Cormack
88 - Wallis
86 - Hannan
85 - Schache
84 - Khamis
80 - Weightman
66 - Young
65 - Garcia
57 - Raak
56 - William
51 - Bedendo
31 - Glass-McCasker

North absolutely struggling. Scored two behinds halfway through Q2 and Casey doing whatever it likes. Entree to the seniors this weekend?

North absolutely struggling. Scored two behinds halfway through Q2 and Casey doing whatever it likes. Entree to the seniors this weekend?
That club is literally fecked. I had an argument with a few of their posters in preseason who insisted they have the best “young talent” coming through led by LDU as their jewel. Was a pretty easy argument when you quickly point out virtually every club has a better young mid than LDU.

That club is literally fecked. I had an argument with a few of their posters in preseason who insisted they have the best “young talent” coming through led by LDU as their jewel. Was a pretty easy argument when you quickly point out virtually every club has a better young mid than LDU.
North Melbourne are in for a long rebuild

North have 27 fit players to choose from on their list. We know that effects the VFL team as much, if not more than the AFL team.

They need an end of first round priority pick, and time. First year of a full rebuild.

Teams like Essendon and Carlton have been pathetic for 20 years. North will be fine.

North have 27 fit players to choose from on their list. We know that effects the VFL team as much, if not more than the AFL team.

They need an end of first round priority pick, and time. First year of a full rebuild.

Teams like Essendon and Carlton have been pathetic for 20 years. North will be fine.

Could not disagree more.

How can a team that by choice and through mismanagement cut their list too deep less than 12 months later put their hand out for a priority pick?

By that logic when Geelong are ready to fall off the cliff they just have to cut all their oldies have one bad year and put their hand out for an extra first rounder.

North have to live with their stuff up for the next 24-36 months then they can look for help.

VFL today at 1:05 v Northern Bullants

Are VFL games ticketed? I cant any find any details about it or if you can just rock up as it’s mostly a suburban ground

Remove this Banner Ad

Back