Testekill

Don't look at me like that
Dec 3, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray Bulldogs, Williamstown
Honestly this is embarrassing for Casey, just completely destroyed after quarter time especially considering how depleted our team is.

cherrypie

Club Legend
Oct 28, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
SmartSelect_20210731-154539_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Us at quarter time

Oliver G

Premium Platinum
May 14, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Early VFL stats are in, I'll update them once they are finalised later today or tomorrow.

Disposal Efficiency
FO: 65%
CA: 62%

Kicking Efficiency
FO: 55%
CA: 53%

Hitouts / To Advantage
49 / 10 - Sweet
13 / 1 - Young
2 / 1 - Vanderhuevel
1 / 0 - Glass-Mccasker

Hitouts To Advantage
FO: 12
CA: 4

First Possessions
FO: 45
CA: 44

Clearances / Centre Clearances
FO: 47 / 25

CA: 37 / 21

Contested Marks
FO: 10
CA: 7

Marks Inside 50
FO: 10 (3 Contested)
CA: 11 (1 Contested)

Defensive 50 Marks
FO: 17 (1 Contested)

CA: 15 (2 Contested)

Defensive 50 Intercept Marks
FO: 7
CA: 9

Score Launches
4 - Hayes
3 - Sweet
2 - Wallis, Bedendo, Orgill, Macpherson, Vanderhuevel
1 - West, McNeil, Glass-Mccasker, Sullivan, Kellett, Craig-Peters

Inside 50 Efficiency
FO: 50%
CA: 42%

Shots At Goal
FO: 53%
CA: 50%

Scoring Profile (Footscray / Casey)
Set Shot: 6.4 / 6.2
Snap: 2.4 / 2.1
On Run: 6.1 / 2.4
Mark Play On: 0.0 / 0.0
Ground Kick: 2.0 / 0.0

0M-15M: 6.1 / 0.0
15M-30M: 3.5 / 4.0
31M-40M: 1.1 / 4.1
41M-50M: 4.1 / 1.1
51M+: 2.1 / 1.5

Smothers
FO: 1
CA: 1

Turnovers/Free Kicks/50MP Punished By Goals
1 - Hodge, McComb, Sullivan

Ranking Points
176 - West
129 - Hayes
112 - Sweet
111 - McNeil
110 - McComb
109 - Cavarra
82 - Bedendo
81 - Khamis
81 - Sullivan
80 - Young
80 - Macpherson
72 - Wallis
70 - Vandermeer
69 - William
69 - Orgill
60 - Drummond
53 - Short
49 - Glass-Mccasker
47 - Hodge
44 - Vanderhuevel
34 - Kellet

Score Sources
Screen Shot 2021-07-31 at 4.11.50 pm.png

Player Stats Summary

Screen Shot 2021-07-31 at 4.15.18 pm.png

weltschmerz

Brownlow Medallist
May 23, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Why do so many people pot Will Hayes? He looks like one of our most consistent VFL performers this year and always gives 110%. I'd rather see him get another chance at AFL level than Crozier again, who disappoints every time he comes back.

He's a very good VFL player who's consistently mediocre at AFL level.

Testekill

Don't look at me like that
Dec 3, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray Bulldogs, Williamstown
Why do so many people pot Will Hayes? He looks like one of our most consistent VFL performers this year and always gives 110%. I'd rather see him get another chance at AFL level than Crozier again, who disappoints every time he comes back.

He's a good VFL player that works hard. Sadly he's small, not fast and not a damaging user of the football; his only real trick at AFL level is his massive tank and that's not as big an advantage in a professional environment as it is in a semi-pro environment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mantis Toboggan

Premiership Player
Mar 24, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Crozier has been consistently excellent for us for years. He’s having his first major loss of form. Of course the MC are going to be keen to get him back if they think he can get back into form.

Hayes’ best vs Crozier’s. Crozier wins all day long.

I suppose the other thing to consider is they are not competing for the same role.

Pugz89

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 29, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Consistently mediocre? A bit of a strange claim for a guy who's only played 11 games. He was looking pretty solid for us at the end of 2019 too.
What's Hannan done to justify regular inclusion for most of the year? Maybe he's been ok the last couple of weeks, but he was consistently terrible before that.
You're comparing apples and oranges. Hayes wouldn't play the same role as Hannan is. That's like saying Bruce is keeping Cavarra out of the team.

Wetdog

I really am Aker.
Jun 23, 2008
Williamstown
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory
I reckon Bedendo could be one of those players that will be better in seniors. Like how he moves and uses ball. No place this year but I reckon he adds to our forward depth next year.

Could he be our version of Bayley Fritsch in a couple of years?

Similar type player, plus can match the hair.

weltschmerz

Brownlow Medallist
May 23, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I'm not saying they play the same role. Role doesn't matter in the context of that post.

If you're going to say Hayes shouldn't play AFL because "he's consistently mediocre", then Hannan shouldn't have been playing because he was consistently terrible.

Who comes out of our AFL midfield for Will Hayes?

CDBulldog

All Australian
Mar 31, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I reckon Bedendo could be one of those players that will be better in seniors. Like how he moves and uses ball. No place this year but I reckon he adds to our forward depth next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He will be a good player. Athletic, puts his body in and is pretty quick with good skills. I expect him to get a few games next year but would have to be off good form and probably some injuries as well As we are looking stocked for the next couple of years.

bobs head soup

Peanuts Peanuts
Sep 14, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Just realised that our closest rivals in the vfl, Southport, were the victims of one of the most ludicrous calls I've seen today.

After 9 minutes of play, they were called the loser against GCS, 1.2 to 1.0 when the game was abandoned due to the lockdown.

I suppose that's good for us and the comp has to do what it can to keep things rolling, but what a howler to call that a final result.

Pugz89

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 29, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Just realised that our closest rivals in the vfl, Southport, were the victims of one of the most ludicrous calls I've seen today.

After 9 minutes of play, they were called the loser against GCS, 1.2 to 1.0 when the game was abandoned due to the lockdown.

I suppose that's good for us and the comp has to do what it can to keep things rolling, but what a howler to call that a final result.
Also the club Billy Gowers, Lukas Webb and I think Brad Lynch play for.

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Baffling that it wouldn't just be called a draw. When Walsh passed away, the Crows/Geelong game was cancelled and each side awarded 2 points, which was the fairest way to handle the situation. Southport got ****ed there

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2003
Braybrook
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Sunderland, Willy Wolves

Surely there must be a rule that the game must go a certain length of time to be called an official game.

In baseball it's 5 innings or in the case of a timed game it's 65 minutes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back