Footscray vs Carlton 17th June 7:35pm @ Ikon Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Some pretty horrible defending out there and too many fumbles. Raak and Butler have been quite poor defensively.

Garcia is doing a lot right both from a defensive and attacking point of view, but his kicking isn't good enough. Bendendo is also getting involved a lot, but his disposal has been a bit off the last couple weeks.

Darcy is soooo comfortable with ball in hand - I really dunno where I want him to develop it’s going to be very interesting to see what our plans are.

I honestly think his best position might end up a Timmy clone as a mobile ruckman. Looks so much like young Tim the way he gallops around out there. Having them both split the ruck and also spend time both forward and back sounds pretty bloody exciting tbh. 2 key forwards (Naughty & Jamarra) 2 key backs (???) and 2 ruck/utilities (English & Darcy) that’s a pretty nice balance - now need to find some defenders I guess

I think the same. I do like that they are developing him down back to start, just easier to gain your footing against the bigger bodies when the game is in front of you I think.

I'm not as confident that Jamarra will stay long term but I hope I'm wrong.

Some pretty horrible defending out there and too many fumbles. Raak and Butler have been quite poor defensively.

Garcia is doing a lot right both from a defensive and attacking point of view, but his kicking isn't good enough. Bendendo is also getting involved a lot, but his disposal has been a bit off the last couple weeks.

Raak's decision making has been questionable on a few occasions.

Next season we need to make an active attempt to bring in VFL listed players that can actually kick. Garner was a good pick up but he's literally our only VFL listed player that can hit a target.

Bedendo is exactly what we’re screaming out for in the seniors - someone that can play that wing/either flank “versatile” role, provide nice pressure (which is a non negotiable for our role players) but isn’t a midget and has a strong aerial presence. We need to swap him in for one of the low ceiling role players asap

Yeah Bedendos disposal is a bit shaky at times but I think it’s solid enough to go with his strengths. Garcia is a bit of a worry because his disposal is genuinely terrible most of the time and a real liability - he does everything else right though so who knows. I think he either needs to make it as a genuine Libba like in and under or maybe a FP bull chained to the forward line sort of like late career Clay Smith. I think West has more upside as a similar type though

So many times we stand around the ball waiting for them to pick up the ball but don't put the pressure on them. Either go in for the ball or poleaxe the opponent the second they pick it up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the same. I do like that they are developing him down back to start, just easier to gain your footing against the bigger bodies when the game is in front of you I think.

I'm not as confident that Jamarra will stay long term but I hope I'm wrong.
I was feeling similar about Jamarra last year but the contract extension settled some nerves - since then He seems to really have settled into the club and seems really ingrained in the younger group, and also Bont/Naughty/Bruce. Anything can happen of course but I’m pretty confident he’ll stick around

Considering we used to be the best ******* handballing team around, it's depressing just how s**t we've become at hitting someone by hand in just a year.

Turned it off, this is just pathetic. Trailing Blues players to the contest every time. Butler can * off, I just don't see it with Raak.

Turned it off, this is just pathetic. Trailing Blues players to the contest every time. Butler can * off, I just don't see it with Raak.
Yeah I don’t see anything in Raaks game I love tbh - just seems very bland, average size average athleticism average skills and average aerial ability, reads the play pretty well but don’t think he has enough strengths

That quarter was frustrating to watch.

Sullivan turning it over after Bedendo's great mark which lead to a carltank goal.

Cordy turning it over just before the siren.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back