2nds Footscray vs Coburg 1pm @ WO 22/7/17

Remove this Banner Ad

Quarter Time
Footscray 6-5-41
Coburg 0-0-0
Obviously a mis-match. It took us most of the quarter to work out how best to use the breeze but when we finally did we were able to score quickly. Matthew Boyd and Clay Smith hustling with purpose. Kieran Collins and Fletcher Roberts reliable in defence (which has been more like across the centre). Tim English rucked most of the quarter and was effective; Travis Cloke had a stint on the ball but has been particularly solid deep in the forward line, crashed a couple of packs and had a hand in a couple of goals. Fairly even team performance.

Coburg have had the benefit of learning from us how not to take advantage of the breeze; they've slotted the first two of the quarter. Declan Hamilton eventually snaps one for Dogs. New scoreboard has frozen but I think the score is currently:
Footscray 49 Coburg 13

Webb in for Suckling next week to play a half forward role.

You know it makes sense.

346d8dd0c92f48a3de2b5971ee3087c9

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Half Time
Scoreboard says:
Footscray 8-7-55
Coburg 2-2-14
For the others here at the ground is this correct? I thought Coburg got a third goal late in that quarter.

Ive been distracted having a confrontation with a 'supporter' in the Whitten Stand whose vocal opinion about our playing list and player contracts I've tolerated for the past hour. It's like an audible version of our Trade & List Management thread. I drew the line at "we'll trade Liberatore because he's a party animal and takes too many drugs".

Meanwhile, we've managed to defend well. Of the non-AFL players I think Jamieson has been good again. Webb clearly playing well with four goals. Tim English having an impact and seems to be able to hold his ground against the Coburg rucks. It's been a fairly even, sound performance

Nice start to the third. Cloke marks and goals - was a strong grab, looked like the ball was going to carry over his head.
Footscray 62 Coburg 21

Tashevski-Beckwith a deft snap. A few moments of angst then Matty Boyd streams into goal for another. Percentage booster today.
Footscray 86 Coburg 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Back