2nds Footscray vs Coburg 1pm @ WO 22/7/17

Remove this Banner Ad

I've preferred webb over suckling for about 13 weeks now.
Yes but imagine if Suckling was playing Coburg today. I reckon he would be dominating, probably kicking 3 goals already. Like Webb too but much easier to look good in two's. I think that's worth remembering some times.

Footscray
Goal Kickers:L. Webb 4, T. Cloke 3, J. Russell 2, M. Boyd 2, A. Panayi 2, D. Hamilton, F. Roberts, M. Goodyear, B. Gowers, J. Shea

Best Players:L. Webb, M. Boyd, T. English, F. Roberts, T. Cloke

Coburg

Goal Kickers:S. Lowson, C. Holdsworth, R. Free, R. Karpany, J. Iacobaccio, L. Hunt, L. Bunker, N. Blair

Best Players:T. Goodwin, N. Blair, L. Bunker, J. Corigliano, J. McDonald, S. Gregory

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fmd that was cold. Couldn't handle a beer. Had two coffees and two hot dogs. Clay was angry. Roughed up and ironed out opponents all day.

haha, noticed that too, so angry

so he should be with his lacklustre season so far, hopefully it spurs him on to salvage something from it

Just as a Coburg fan who decided to torture themselves going out to the Western Oval today I'd just like to know what's Lukas Webb's gig? Noticed he's out of contract as well at the end of the season and I would imagine in a similar vein to Hrovat he may leave to seek regular senior football.

I'm sure with a decent run of games in the seniors he could give you guys something, why is he out of favour?

Just as a Coburg fan who decided to torture themselves going out to the Western Oval today I'd just like to know what's Lukas Webb's gig? Noticed he's out of contract as well at the end of the season and I would imagine in a similar vein to Hrovat he may leave to seek regular senior football.

I'm sure with a decent run of games in the seniors he could give you guys something, why is he out of favour?
Mixed views here. Mine is that he hasn't taken opportunities when presented.

Plays very well at VFL level - usually in our named best - but doesn't quite replicate it at senior level. Struggles to get more than about a dozen disposals.

The key words are "with a decent run of games". He only seems to last a couple of games and then yo-yos back to the VFL. This year he has only played 2 games in the 1s. If he had a string of games like Honeychurch has been given he might settle better and start to produce some good numbers.

Another theory is that he's either played out of position in the seniors or doesn't actually have a proper position. Not sure I buy this but it has some currency.

Struggles to put it together at AFL level when he looks like a jet in the VFL. I suspect he is more suited to an outside role and having someone win the footy for him but our team and plan really needs most of our mids to be able to rotate through and win their own footy. He's had to prove that the hard way in the magoos.

I get the Hrovat comparison as he left to play games in a senior team for another club but honestly Webb has tons more talent than Hrovat did in my opinion and will be a far better league footballer. Webb has more talent than a couple of guys in our AFL team that are playing right now. He just cant seem to show it when he gets promoted.

Third year player with excellent VFL form but only two games in the firsts. Not picked in the firsts for a reason that is largely unknown to BigFooty - but that invites many to speculate on and exaggerate his perceived flaws. Good player - he will do very well at another club if we lose him.

States from the Footy Live app

Attachments

• IMG_0185.jpg
    IMG_0185.jpg
    294.8 KB · Views: 71

Remove this Banner Ad

Back