Game Day Footscray vs Essendon VFL practice match WO @ 11am

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok here we go, I went to the game wanting to see how our backs went, also to see how our 2nd year players went.

Collins: I thought he was our best back, took about 6 intercept marks, what I liked was his attacking when he had the ball, will get his chance very soon.

Gotez: got big wraps on this kid, the things that impressed me in his draft videos, he showed today, has a real football brain, looks big already. Will take time but worth the wait.

The two bailey's liked both their game, Dale is just so smooth and clean and Williams look like he'll be a very handy HBF

Webb: worked well into the game did some nice things in the inside

Jong: was in everything today very close and will be playing 1s soon.

Redpath: I think needs some time in the VFL, did some alright things and kicked a couple.

Honeychurch: was another who played well in the middle, gave some really good drive.

Adcock: played mid/fwd even if he plays all season in the VFL he is going to be a great pick up for us, will really help the young kids coming through

Any other questions ?
How did Hamling go?
I'm assuming from the reports Cordy was very good.

How did Hamling go?
I'm assuming from the reports Cordy was very good.
Yeah hamling did some nice things today and cordy was good, this year we could see our backline in the VFL set up as such

Prudden Collins Roberts
Williams hamling cordy

Very exciting IMO just getting them use to playing with each other, I expect all 6 to play AFL this season

Yeah hamling did some nice things today and cordy was good, this year we could see our backline in the VFL set up as such

Prudden Collins Roberts
Williams hamling cordy

Very exciting IMO just getting them use to playing with each other, I expect all 6 to play AFL this season
Thanks and I agree on Collins,Hamling Roberts and Cordy. Would be good to get a look at the other two if they can earn a spot. Hopefully Cordy plays two or three games during the season as he could be very good in the future.
Any thoughts on Collins in regards to his pace?

Went down to Whitten Oval today, watched Footscray have a very comfortable win.
Starting from the back line Joel Hamling was outstanding, I thought BOG.
Kieran Collins and Zaine Cordy were both good and in our best.
The worry down back is Fletcher Roberts, he is a long way behind the three above and I believe his game has to improve a hell of a lot, particularly dropping uncontested overhead marks. Big question mark on Fletcher at the moment.
MIDS, Lin Jong was very good, Dalgleish looked good, number 21 Josh Grabowski, what a good game he played, quick plenty of forward pressure, really liked what I saw from him. Greenwood and Honeychurch were serviceable. Webb better today.
Jed Adcock saw why we recruited him, was the general out there today, made good position and made sure we attacked through the corridor, his thinking is a long way ahead of a few of his team mates, very encouraging to all his team mates, liked what I saw.
Hope Adams and Dunkley have great games tomorrow, keeping out Hamling and Jong, on today's form must have shown plenty.
Forwards, thought Jack Redpath struggled, Jordan Clark looked OK.
RUCKS, like what I saw Luke Goetz, clean below his Knees, strong hands overhead, easily pushed around in boundary ruck contests, but that will come. He was very impressive today.
Giles Guest thought he rucked well today, will be OK for Footscray.
Good hit out for Footscray VFL.

Thanks and I agree on Collins,Hamling Roberts and Cordy. Would be good to get a look at the other two if they can earn a spot. Hopefully Cordy plays two or three games during the season as he could be very good in the future.
Any thoughts on Collins in regards to his pace?
Both hamling and Collins were quick to close down players and shots on goals, some great smothers

I've got a feel that hamling comes in to play on roo next week

Went down to Whitten Oval today, watched Footscray have a very comfortable win.
Starting from the back line Joel Hamling was outstanding, I thought BOG.
Kieran Collins and Zaine Cordy were both good and in our best.
The worry down back is Fletcher Roberts, he is a long way behind the three above and I believe his game has to improve a hell of a lot, particularly dropping uncontested overhead marks. Big question mark on Fletcher at the moment.
MIDS, Lin Jong was very good, Dalgleish looked good, number 21 Josh Grabowski, what a good game he played, quick plenty of forward pressure, really liked what I saw from him. Greenwood and Honeychurch were serviceable. Webb better today.
Jed Adcock saw why we recruited him, was the general out there today, made good position and made sure we attacked through the corridor, his thinking is a long way ahead of a few of his team mates, very encouraging to all his team mates, liked what I saw.
Hope Adams and Dunkley have great games tomorrow, keeping out Hamling and Jong, on today's form must have shown plenty.
Forwards, thought Jack Redpath struggled, Jordan Clark looked OK.
RUCKS, like what I saw Luke Goetz, clean below his Knees, strong hands overhead, easily pushed around in boundary ruck contests, but that will come. He was very impressive today.
Giles Guest thought he rucked well today, will be OK for Footscray.
Good hit out for Footscray VFL.
Your the best black pup love your work

Hamilton got caught a lot, not doing the first thing, OK , but not in my best.
Do you think Roberts game has regressed a bit from last year, he seems to be going backwards a bit at the moment from the sounds of things.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If anyone has questions about tell
Just ask

Also dogs vfl talent is way better than last year
Tons of classy baller movers mixed in with contested winning bigs

Anybody able to comment on Brad Lynch's game?
Spoke to him after the game
Just rehabbing a roll ankle from the last game
Reckons he could have played today but will be playing next week against werribee

Yebiga believes Bailey Williams will be a gun - really nice height, athletic and a natural footballer
Will jump passed a few others by seasons end. Expect him to be in our best 22 come season 2017

The goetz moves extraordinarily well for his age and size. A lot of ruck development required but I concur with the excitement others have expressed.

Cordy progressing well

Hamling should be playing afl

Concerned with Hamilton

Collins very good - what a physique?

The key defensive posts are suddenly looking very solid heading into future

Jong started slowly but dominated as the game progressed. He likes being the main on baller. Whether that can happen at the next level is his challenge.

Webb has a dangerous kick worked himself into the game slowly

Dale progressing well
But boy it's tough breaking into our 22
He will need to add some tricks to jump up and stay there.

Declan tried to take the game on at least today. When he was pinged for running too long he legit went 8 meters. Joke. Thought his game was okay. Got a bit of it but didn't feel his impact too much.

I'm glad he got his hands on it 20ish times though he needs it more to have a real impact he isn't damaging enough to be 15 disposal player despite him "being steps ahead". Looking forward to watching him this year.

Apparently the VFL report said that there were no reports yet plenty of mention on here and twitter regarding Big red. Does anyone know for sure whether he was reported or not?

Howd Hamilton go saw he was in the best?
He had a average first half but worked his way into it in the second. Did some really nice link up work but on occasions tried to do a little to much? He really does read the game well and gets to the right spots but still lacks polish and poise to go to the next level

Apparently the VFL report said that there were no reports yet plenty of mention on here and twitter regarding Big red. Does anyone know for sure whether he was reported or not?
I was at the game and reported it
The umpire did write somethingdown in his notepad and look at reddy number

He had a average first half but worked his way into it in the second. Did some really nice link up work but on occasions tried to do a little to much? He really does read the game well and gets to the right spots but still lacks polish and poise to go to the next level

I was at the game and reported it
The umpire did write somethingdown in his notepad and look at reddy number

Where did Webb play? He looked pretty good last year down back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back