VFL Footscray vs Geelong, Friday 3 June, 4.05pm, VU Whitten Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Watched Jamarra a fair bit that qtr. If I'm going to be honest I'd say he's a lazy f****r.
We have waited a long time to get a couple of indigenous boys with talent on our list. Don't appreciate one of them being called a f****r, especially from someone who is meant to support the club. Give him a break.

Last edited:
Stats to 3QT (sorted by ranking points)...

3QT.png
kicks, kicking efficiency, handballs, disposals efficiency, contested possessions, uncontested possessions, marks, contested marks, intercept marks, tackles, pressure acts, spoils, frees for, frees against, hitouts, hitouts to advantage, clearances, centre clearances, inside 50s, rebound 50s, shots, goals/behinds, score assists, score involvements, metres gained, fantasy points, ranking points

Haha this commentator

JUH misses a goal and he says he wonders how many more chances the dogs will get

Probably a few given we have the breeze in the last

Schache is just a better player than JUH atm. He deserves a call up first first.
Fantastic that Schache is playing well, but JUH did kick 6 and 3 in his previous two games, got 10 votes in the vfl coach's MVP last week. Think they're pretty even, I might give Schache a slight edge for consistency.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have waited a long time to get a couple of indigenous boys with talent on our list. Don't appreciate one of them being called a f****r, especially from someone who is meant to support the club. Give him a break.
Think it's also worth acknowledging that descriptors like "lazy" have been used to marginalise and discriminate against indigenous peoples for centuries, and for that reason it is important to be careful about how we use these labels.

Of course, not suggesting that there was any such intention in the previous post. I just think it is worth people being cognizant of the fact that (1) these types of labels are likely to carry more "weight" as insults when used to describe indigenous peoples; and (2) you are much more likely to offend people using that language in this context.

That was an absolutely rubbish game to watch. The standard was awful. Schache BOG by an absolute mile and He should be the first option for back up ruck/forward ahead of a few others. I wouldn’t say anyone else put their hand up this week.

That was an absolutely rubbish game to watch. The standard was awful. Schache BOG by an absolute mile and He should be the first option for back up ruck/forward ahead of a few others. I wouldn’t say anyone else put their hand up this week.
Yeah just terrible stuff, Jamarra was getting pretty pissed off by the end there, and rightfully so. It’s just not a good place for a player like him who relies on being hit up on the lead at this stage of his career. Forward 50 entries just terrible.

Schache definitely BOG and should get a crack at forward 2nd ruck if we struggle tonight, could easily slot in alongside Buku & Naughty too. I can’t recall us every really giving him much senior time in the role tbh - can’t say I’m confident he’d go well but deserves a proper run at it over a few week period considering how poor our other options are.

Think it's also worth acknowledging that descriptors like "lazy" have been used to marginalise and discriminate against indigenous peoples for centuries, and for that reason it is important to be careful about how we use these labels.

Of course, not suggesting that there was any such intention in the previous post. I just think it is worth people being cognizant of the fact that (1) these types of labels are likely to carry more "weight" as insults when used to describe indigenous peoples; and (2) you are much more likely to offend people using that language in this context.
Agree. I find myself cringing when that particular descriptor is used regarding an indigenous player.

The most encouraging thing about the stats posted above is that Schache led the game for clearances. He may not win a lot of taps in the ruck, but if he can contribute to winning clearances now and again as a 2nd ruck, that could be a big thing for us.

Once Jamarra works out the contested game he never plays 2s again.
He has all the attributes but needs to effect more contests Wouldn't call him unintterested or that nasty L word though.

Yeah just terrible stuff, Jamarra was getting pretty pissed off by the end there, and rightfully so. It’s just not a good place for a player like him who relies on being hit up on the lead at this stage of his career. Forward 50 entries just terrible.

Schache definitely BOG and should get a crack at forward 2nd ruck if we struggle tonight, could easily slot in alongside Buku & Naughty too. I can’t recall us every really giving him much senior time in the role tbh - can’t say I’m confident he’d go well but deserves a proper run at it over a few week period considering how poor our other options are.
I’ve always thought that Schache and Naughts have a bit of chemistry with each other. The pairing has worked in the past before but it’s probably that Schache is a little smarter and doesn’t fly for the same balls that Naughts does.

I don’t see any logical reason why we can’t play Naughton, Schache and Buku together in clearly defined roles at the expense of a McComb or Scott type. We lose absolutely minimal run there. Schache needs to be given a clear role and that’s that. Don’t throw him all over the ground every 5 minutes like we have in the past.

Man that commentary was weird and Im not talking about Michael Palins accent or the way he called the game. Which was fine for this level and commendable for somebody who has to do the entire call one out.

It was how they described the wind as not being a factor when you could clearly see a flag in the background being blow by a strong wind going straight down the ground. Then there was the ball clearly hanging up in the air every time it was kicked towards the Barkley street end. Dempseys last shot of goal that he hooked left until the wind got hold of it and it went right but still a point was a perfect example of this. Then finally there were the only two goals kicked to that end for the entire night, thingo. Other than that it was a perfect night for football.

Anyways, other than Schache being a level above in tricky (or not) conditions and Crozier being rock solid in defence there wasn't much else of note to be taken from that game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back