VFL Footscray vs Geelong

CDBulldog

All Australian
Mar 31, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Thanks for the replies.

Wonder whether Shache and Young will be with us next season?
I think we persist with both. They are both talls and as we know talls do take time. Weitering for example looked very ordinary his first 2-3 years and has only recently emerged (aged 23) as a defensive gun. Besides we will get nothing for them and they do provide good competition and pressure for others to keep performing.

CDBulldog

All Australian
Mar 31, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I think we persist with both. They are both talls and as we know talls do take time. Weitering for example looked very ordinary his first 2-3 years and has only recently emerged (aged 23) as a defensive gun. Besides we will get nothing for them and they do provide good competition and pressure for others to keep performing.

Rookie

Premiership Player
May 12, 2004
Globetrotting
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Lipinski was probably best on ground but there is something very impressive about the way Garcia moves. It looked to me like he has excellent evasion in close due to superb vision. I'm keen to see more of him at AFL level - should be able to provide some extraction support to Libba until Dunkley is good to go.

Jan 18, 2011
North Bondi
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I wish Schache had Naughton's guts and determination.

I wish that too but for now what we can have is elite gut running and leads to 50/60 that he will convert.

Art of War - what would the enemy hate? I reckon they would prefer Hannan than a hard running Schache- who has shown he can easily kick a couple and will draw defenders away from Naughton and Bruce. Three talls if a couple are mobile is fine - and ours are fine. Has also found a better marking position getting hard in front and this blocks if he doesn’t mark.

And if Bruce goes into Ruck to give English a chop out then we still maintain a reasonable structure.

stefoid

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 8, 2002
home
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
confucious say: too many top heavy forwards let the opposition run the ball out easy.

Not a fan of hannan, but hannan/schache is not like for like. Id play schache instead of sweet maybe.

Im gagging to have VDM back instead of hannan hes listed as 4-6 weeks. Him and weightman buzzing around the big blokes would be fun to see

Back