VFL Footscray vs Norf

Remove this Banner Ad

None. The Buddy comparison is old, and stupid. The Ugle-Hagan issue is worthy of serious debate among members and supporters. Just quietly, it could venture into all sorts of non-football issues. If you want to join in and learn, happy to oblige. If you just want a gotcha moment,. don't bother.
Oh man, you have such a pompous way about you.

Interested to hear your thoughts on how he averages 10 pressure acts per game, above average for his position and higher than both Naughty and Hannan. Much higher than a guy like Scott whose in the team solely for these things - Considering he’s lazy doesn’t chase and is out of the contest when he doesn’t mark it?

Also keen to hear your opinion on who these alternatives he’s keeping out of the side are
I notice he has quite a few tackle attempts being broken. Not for lack of effort, needs to work on strength + technique imo.

I have to disagree with you here, LB. He does lead away from Naughton from time to time but he usually ends up in the same area and competing with Naughton. I agree with you about Schache. Ugle-Hagan's role is supposed to be as a marking, goal kicking target rather than as a decoy. Being persevered with isn't working, stats show that his development is regressing. On your analysis, the team would be better off with Schache in his place.

Did you check out that pub in Hogarth Place for the footy ?
No comment on the stats that go against your “opinion” then? Also glad to hear Bevo let you know his role - I’d love to have that access to inside info.

His role is to be a marking, goal kicking target and he’s putting himself in the same position as Naughty so he’s putting himself in good positions then? Maybe Naughty should be leading out of his position? In reality of course they just need to learn each other’s games and how to play together, did you not see Bruce and Naughty in 2020 constantly competing for the same ball, it took them a year to sort it out it will take Jamarra & Naughty the same.

Schaches a defender, any other options?

Last edited:
I notice he has quite a few tackle attempts being broken. Not for lack of effort, needs to work on strength + technique imo.
Yeah definitely gets a lot broken - he still chooses a bit when he goes and when he doesn’t too, he’ll get there though, the 10 pressure acts a game shows he’s trying and in reality he averages 1.6 goals a game which is a fine return. Kids coming along nicely feel he’s due a breakout game very soon hopefully

I’ve been back home in Victoria for 11 years. I watched a few games at the walkabout and Fulham slug in my London days 2000 to 2011 with a few stints home in between.
Just keep the Londonbulldog name.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
11 years ? Well done and they'd have been fantastic years. I thought you'd enjoy the joke. The Kings Head apparently isn't what it was back in the old days

I was trudging down the Earls Court Road, into a pub I was lured
"Where do you come from?" said a nosey pom, as I downed the amber fluid
So I tells him straight "I'm Australian mate, and I feel like getting plastered
But the beer's crook and the girls all look like you, ya pommy bastard!".

Last edited:
All I can say is that from what I see, when Naughts and JUH do finally sync, we really do have “double headed monster” up forward that should be good to watch over the next 10 years.
That’s why it’s important to keep playing them together. JUH isn’t going to be able to develop that chemistry with Naughts in the VFL. Given Bruce’s ACL and possible late season return, it’s very important to back him in for at least the first half of this season and leave him in the seniors.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back