2nds Footscray vs Sandringham Sat 27nd 7pm @WO

Thanks for updates Vinegar Mess . We might have to take up a collection for an emergency power pack for your phone.

How was Greene first game back from injury? I think you called him kicking two goals. Did he do anything else? He was looking promising before injured.

Vinegar Mess

Team Captain
Nov 18, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Goalkickers:
M Honeychurch 4, L Webb 3, Hamilton 3, T Cloke 2, T Campbell 1, T McLean 1, F Greene 1, L Young 1, T Tweedie 1, B Gowers 1, W Hayes 1.

Best:
T McLean, M Honeychurch, F Roberts, T Cloke, L Webb

Toby and Honey just tore it up tonight. At VFL level Fletch is a General on the last line. Was impressed with Travis Cloke after quarter time (and I'm generally not a fan); was the dominant tall forward by a mile. Jack didn't have the best night by comparison but he wasn't exactly bad either; just played a little higher. Zaine Cordy very good playing exclusively in defence.
Regarding other WB-listed players I was asked about:
Kieran Collins was serviceable; no howlers but it was not a good game to draw conclusions because it was mostly played in a different half.
Tristan Tweedie seemed a bit lost tonight; kicked one nice goal from a set shot but missed a gettable snap by about 20 metres. Was unsighted for long periods.
Tom Liberatore is an enigma (like we don't already know). I might be lambasted for saying this but he just looked 'off' despite however many possessions he ended up getting. I would be surprised if Tom returns to the ones immediately after the bye. He certainly contributed - tackled hard, a couple of deft disposals - but the zing is missing.

Anyway, thanks all for the enthusiastic response. Was a fun night.

Edit: Goalkickers correction

Last edited:

Vinegar Mess

Team Captain
Nov 18, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Thanks for updates Vinegar Mess . We might have to take up a collection for an emergency power pack for your phone.

How was Greene first game back from injury? I think you called him kicking two goals. Did he do anything else? He was looking promising before injured.

Fergus went okay considering he's missed nearly a month of footy. Played exclusively as the third tall forward. Steady without being a stand out. His first goal was from heavy traffic (if in fact it was him given I was down the other end at the time). He'll be an exciting player if he makes it - and I think he will.

Edit: I was wrong - the goal through traffic was Lukas Webb; Fergus only kicked the one.

Last edited:
May 30, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Bruins, Boston Celtics
So do we Bring in Cloke to face the Swans?
Also if Murph goes who comes in. Need to get McClean back into the side as well.

I'm one for stopping with the 'trying to make Lukas Webb an inside mid' stuff and just letting him play murphy/moyd's role.

Moyd could come back in for murphy as an experience for experience swap. McLean should never have been dropped.

MJ_Dogs

Club Legend
Oct 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Spurs, Man U, Habs, Patriots, Cubs
Gee Honeychurch had a fantastic game.

But Webb probably comes in for Murph

Cloke maybe for English. McLean also deserving. Good problems to have

BulldogJake

All Australian
Jul 24, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Left five minutes into the fourth quarter to get my train home but was a good solid win. Dominated the game from start to finish.

McLean, Webb, Libba, Hamilton, Honeychurch I thought were best and backline held up well (obviously).

Would personally bring Libba in for next AFL game, and McLean if Smith doesn't pull up. Murphy may not be replaced by a like to like replacement (Webb for example) vs Sydney as Sydney have Franklin, Reid, Tippett so a Cordy or Roberts may come in.

Last edited:
The scoreboard was wrong - they missed a Honeychurch behind early in the last. I went and told the umpires at the end so they stopped scratching their heads and re-counting their notebooks (another reason my summary was delayed). Dogs win by 99.
Maybe give you a job as umps adviser in the main games? :p

Footscray5.10-409.13-6715.23-11319.24-138
Sandringham0.3-34.4-284.4-285.9-39
Footscray
Goal Kickers:M. Honeychurch 4, L. Webb 3, D. Hamilton 3, T. Cloke 2, B. Gowers, L. Young, T. Tweedie, W. Hayes, F. Greene, T. Campbell, T. McLean
Best Players:M. Honeychurch, T. McLean, M. Goodyear, L. Webb, F. Roberts, Z. Cordy
Sandringham
Goal Kickers:J. Lonie 2, K. Answerth, J. Battle, B. Long
Best Players:J. Lonie, M. Cook, B. Long, K. Answerth, N. Coughlan, N. O''Kearney

Bemoreboyddog

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Footscray5.10-409.13-6715.23-11319.24-138
Sandringham0.3-34.4-284.4-285.9-39
Footscray
Goal Kickers:M. Honeychurch 4, L. Webb 3, D. Hamilton 3, T. Cloke 2, B. Gowers, L. Young, T. Tweedie, W. Hayes, F. Greene, T. Campbell, T. McLean
Best Players:M. Honeychurch, T. McLean, M. Goodyear, L. Webb, F. Roberts, Z. Cordy
Sandringham
Goal Kickers:J. Lonie 2, K. Answerth, J. Battle, B. Long
Best Players:J. Lonie, M. Cook, B. Long, K. Answerth, N. Coughlan, N. O''Kearney
So, coughlan and Long were in their bests and Koby was probably in the Saints bests.

Lol.

Back